GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 10:44:48 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LTK, MWGG... Various issues...  (Read 23175 times)

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
Re: LTK, MWGG... Various issues...
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2009, 03:18:46 am »

Wasn't the control glass in the original Goldeneye nigh invincible to all but explosives and golden bullets?

I remember that stuff being tough as nails.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2009, 03:28:11 am »

Wasn't the control glass in the original Goldeneye nigh invincible to all but explosives and golden bullets?

I remember that stuff being tough as nails.
I think you are right there, even so I think its better as it is now, its multiplayer and esy smashing glass on control enables players to move about more freely which is good.

GoldenGuy

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2009, 05:16:30 am »

Just downloaded the mod today and hit detection seemed absolutely horrendous with a ping of ~50ms and no packet loss.  I was pouring dozens of rounds of AK ammo directly into other players heads (we were just facing one another attacking) and finally the guy went down.

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2009, 05:24:41 am »

Just downloaded the mod today and hit detection seemed absolutely horrendous with a ping of ~50ms and no packet loss.  I was pouring dozens of rounds of AK ammo directly into other players heads (we were just facing one another attacking) and finally the guy went down.

How about you find out how the game works before bitching about. Players have an invun timer that stops them getting hurt after they take damage so spamming people to kill them doesnt work.

Abraham Lincoln

• Agent
  • Abraham Lincoln has no influence.
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2009, 07:10:07 am »

A few more suggestions...

The temple walls that raise should not let you walk through so quickly, even if you crouch.  This may make more sense on the classic versions.  The fun was always waiting to see what was on the other side rather than making a mad dash.

The 45 degree walkways where the turrets would be housed in Egyptian could be made a bit lower so that you can step through it.  The room where the sarcophagus is that contains the two double doors with the dropdown should be one-way for playability.

You should be able to walk through teammates but not enemies.  In complex, people get stuck very quickly.  It might also be a good idea to include indicators on people's heads if they are on your team.  I know this is not the original territory of the game, but would add playability.  Respawn timers are a very good idea as well, because they make it so that everyone doesn't die instantly, and they can see where the enemies are fighting.

Incorporate a fixed cam in the level with the description in white text with a black outline that all fades out.  Head zoom would own, at least in the first timed spawn, but maybe the logistics would be too much.

The large screen on control could benefit from a countdown timer if the round is timed.  Otherwise, it could blink 0:00.  What I'm referring to is a small clock in the bottom left corner.  It cannot be destroyed so this would be a nice touch.

Drivable tank (a boy can dream).  Maybe you can make the existing one act like a HL2 turret.  Or maybe one person could drive and the other would shoot?!

The death gif of blood should be a little more dynamic, with an added fadeout effect.

Start with a PP7.

Ok thats all for now.  Great game, very addicting.  I will be back for more!

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2009, 10:40:10 am »

The head cam you referred was only available in singleplayer if I recall correctly.

The countdown clock in Control would be a nice addition, but it would have to be synchronized with the server.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2009, 10:53:42 am »

that goldenguy is a barrel of fail. Dont even bother listening to him. I just got my second hint of uberfail to validate my slanderous feelings toward him. Hes only a spreader of bad vibes, that wont fly.

I was pouring dozens of rounds of AK ammo directly

bwahahaha. Im sorry that your sacred CSS AK has been tainted by awesome goldeneye mechanics.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2009, 10:59:52 am »

I must say that that GoldenGuy is a barrel of laughs. One advice. Aim, then shoot in short bursts. That way you can get a better accuracy.

Abraham Lincoln

• Agent
  • Abraham Lincoln has no influence.
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2009, 03:48:16 pm »

PPK the head-enter shot was in the very first synchronized spawn in multiplayer I believe, but I was thinking about how it wouldn't work in some tight areas, so it may not be effective.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 03:55:59 pm »

Now that you mention it, it really happened in the beginning of a multiplayer match, although it wouldn't work in tight spaces, like Boris' escape hole in Control, as you said.

If it was ever to be implemented, surpassing all the tight-space related problems, the invulnerability timer probably would have to be extended, but only the one that acts in the moment you join the match.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 05:33:25 pm »

How long does this invulnerability last after someone is shot?

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2009, 05:36:57 pm »

How long does this invulnerability last after someone is shot?

The spawn invulnerability last for two seconds I suppose.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2009, 05:39:20 pm »

Not the spawn protection but this..
Players have an invun timer that stops them getting hurt after they take damage so spamming people to kill them doesnt work.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2009, 05:44:44 pm »

That one lasts for like a split second, dunno if it's half a second or something like that. It's barely noticeable but enough to make a difference.

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2009, 07:13:08 pm »

Wait... there's invuln time after you take damage? How does that make any sense? I'm very confused here. o_O
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up