GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:14:36 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OO Programmer Application  (Read 9261 times)

jtlloyd

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jtlloyd has no influence.
OO Programmer Application
« on: March 30, 2008, 03:07:11 am »

Hey guys.
I have been following the mod for a long bit now. Goldeneye was my favorite N64 game and the source of many childhood memories. When I heard about this mod I could hardly contain myself.

Let me tell you a bit about myself: I am a graduating computer scientist with a strong background in math. My specializations are hardware coding and artificial intelligence. When I say hardware coding I refer to problems in EDA. My largest single project in Hardware coding was a fully featured alarm clock with motion sensor programmed on a DE2 board in VHDL. Currently working on an avionics package to place on an RC helicopter. My interest in hardware coding is what led me to c/c++ work. I am fascinated by the ability to work at the assembler level, something I have not been able to do much in java and other languages. The state driven style of graphics coding is analogous to my work on chips and has been an easy transition.

The reason I am applying is rather strange. I investigated working in the games industry at GDC. After some interviews I had a couple of job offers and came to a realization: Pay is crap. I am in a situation where I need a good deal of money so decided to pick up a job in the defense sector until I head off to graduate school. I am still interested in the field though, so a mod-team is better fitted to my time and interests.

What I can offer you: 2-3 hours of work per day, can keep deadlines, outstanding orator, brilliant cricket player, damn good coder, excellent computer scientist. While I have only dabbled in Source SDK, I am a quick learner and have a strong foundation in all facets of my field. I may be slow off the start, but augmenting your team with me will pay off in the long run.

Enclosed is my CV. If you have any input please email me directly(as I am on a box without a UI and LYNX is annoying to forum troll on) or call.

Hope to hear from you

[attachment deleted by admin]

jtlloyd

• Agent
Re: OO Programmer Application
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 03:09:23 am »

PS: I am totally willing to take care of all documentation and testing documents. I am a firm believer in organization and the value of good engineering practices (though I find the coursework dreadfully boring).

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 03:35:20 am »

Impressive. Hopefully Jonathan (killermonkey) will see this soon and get a hold of you. Though, I think he just started up with his Navy thing again and his activity is going to low for a bit. Please be patient if theres no response from him right away. If I see him online I will be sure to give him a heads up.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 03:50:03 am »

Oh this truly is exciting! I have also dabbled in Hardware coding, but more along the lines of C level I/O coding for sensors. Anyway! I am glad to here you can input time, that is the most important part. We have plenty of talented people on the team that also work very hard in RL and have families and a life. I understand, as we all do. As for working Source SDK, honestly if you know C++ OOP through and through you will have little problem picking up how Source works. I suggest that you download the SDK right now and install a new mod. Look through the code and familiarize yourself with it, run a few debug runs through it and then come out with questions. Find me on AIM, its below my name on the left, and I will explain the stuff that is a mystery.

Looking forward to talking to you, as for a trial, I want you to get familiar first.

jtlloyd

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 04:01:02 am »

Ok, mine is djlowballer

Forgive me if I am in and out tonight. Setting up a windows box so I can start working.

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 08:04:55 am »

best of luck on your trial, though im sure you wont need it haha.

i was at GDC to this year, to bad you applied after words or we could have met up there haha.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: [1]   Go Up