GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:53:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Moddb T-Shirt Comp  (Read 24748 times)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Moddb T-Shirt Comp
« on: April 02, 2009, 11:41:15 am »

Moddb is running a t-shirt comp:

This is your chance to design some sweet swag for the brand spanking new Mod DB store. Your challenge is simple, using the t-shirt template design a shirt you think visitors to Mod DB would want to wear. Your shirt design can be anything you want. It doesn't need to include the Mod DB logo, it just needs to be related in some way to games, mods and all that.

Well lets get some Golden Eye designs going and entered so people can buy them.

Full Details: http://www.moddb.com/events/t-shirt-competition

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Moddb T-Shirt Comp
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:08:54 pm »

Hmm... sounds like fun... I'll see how well my creative juices flow this month and see how many I can pop out.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

eamonn

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • eamonn has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 06:16:57 pm »

I know I'd buy a t-shirt with the GE:S logo on it.

Gabbo

• Cate Archer's secret lover
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...Gabbo might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:19:46 pm »

I'll see what I can come up with.
Rules don't seem to mention anything about IP conflicts, so we should be in the clear on that front.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 08:15:02 am »

Version 1: http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2343/shirt1s.png

Version 2:
(right click, View img for higher res.)

Not even sure if they can print on the side, maybe Lodle can answer that

Could I(or anyone else)use the ingame images for design? Since there ingame should be OK, but might as well check.

Both need more work but a start. Holding off putting on MODDB till get more tuned and crateeked.

(watermarked to keep from getting jacked, if only I could watermark ideas though ;) )
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 01:00:37 pm by major »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 09:38:57 am »

Major the first one rocks, ill ask my boss about that.

eamonn

• Secret Agent
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 07:45:07 pm »

It's a bit too yellow, if you ask me. And I'd like it more if the whole logo was on the front, but that might be a bit plain.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 08:26:36 pm »

I don't like the font used for the Goldeneye: Source, nor that it's vertical, try to clean that up a bit (maybe just a horizontal small font stacked above the breast.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 09:12:28 pm »

If the shirts will ever be produced, the design also depends a lot on how they will be made.
Sieve printing could be a possibility if you wanna have very detailed color printing.
Flock foil is way less expensive especally for low production values, but you cannot have things like gradients in it and you are restricted to a basic color palette.
So your Version 1 & 2 would be possible only in sieve printing (additional color white would be needed too) while the 3rd version could be made with flock foil (allthough it will be a pain in the ass to take all the little bits and pices out of the flag).
Or, becourse it's a white shirt, it could be done with Ironing Images, it's the cheapest version but the images will fade to grey very fast.

Unluckly, noone announced how the t-shirts will be made.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 09:16:43 pm »

Very, Very true Kraid. Hoping to make some more simple ones (like the ForEng shirt).

For KM:

(GE:S is a little low, but you get the point)

Version 2, of shirt 2:

If this is the store, maybe you can tell what type the shirts are Kraid:

http://www.splitreason.com/products/menswear
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:30:40 pm by major »

eamonn

• Secret Agent
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 01:56:44 am »

I don't particularly like the font on the back of the England one, and I think the old font on the front was better. But I can't buy that one anyway, because I can't be walking around with a Union Jack on me...

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 11:12:18 am »

Quote from: major
If this is the store, maybe you can tell what type the shirts are Kraid:

http://www.splitreason.com/products/menswear
Damn this shirts are really proffesional. Looks like sieve printing coz a lot of them got gradients and very fine details, also some of them got white on colored background, which isn't possible with ironing images.
So i guess your Version 1&2 would be possible too.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 01:26:01 pm »

The shirts look great! I like the GoldenEye font you used on the first design. Putting it horizontally would be great, with the symbol below.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 10:36:30 pm »

If this design were black rather than orange (with the exception of the logos), it would be absolute win.
Just make the font a little larger and it's good to go.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 11:27:43 pm »

Meh, I like photoshop (I also put the words and shit differently)

Totally take my design Major if you like it, I don't care.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up