GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:56:21 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [ISSUE]Invalid STEAM UserID Ticket?  (Read 15043 times)

BrainViolation

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • BrainViolation has no influence.
[ISSUE]Invalid STEAM UserID Ticket?
« on: February 16, 2010, 02:57:00 pm »

Yeah, I really don't know. Every time I try to join a game, it will load the map, send the client information, blahblah, and then give me that little error in the same box that it was loading in. I've tried restarting GE:S and STEAM, but neither of that works. All of my other games run perfectly fine.

???

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [ISSUE]Invalid STEAM UserID Ticket?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 03:10:55 pm »

This is an often reoccurring bug on Steam's part that requires you to logoff and back on again EXPLICITLY When you switch computers and try to play a MOD....

In the Steam window
 Go to File -> Switch User...

Make sure hl2.exe is closed in task manager, another steam bug w/ mods

BrainViolation

• Agent
  • BrainViolation has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 03:13:37 pm »

I didn't switch computers, though. I only have one.

It's okay though, I fixed it. All good. Thanks for the help! I'm glad I can come here for help and get it so quickly. That's something you don't even find with actual game (as opposed to mod) support!

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 04:33:15 pm »

You do the switch users to properly log you out of steam.  This was happening to me all the time because I would log in at work and then go home and log in...  some strange mojo in the steam end.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

UnholyDiarrhea

• Agent
  • UnholyDiarrhea has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 12:02:36 pm »

I didn't switch computers, though. I only have one.

It's okay though, I fixed it. All good. Thanks for the help! I'm glad I can come here for help and get it so quickly. That's something you don't even find with actual game (as opposed to mod) support!

I didn't want to create a new thread on the same topic, so this is worth reviving.

I'm a relatively long time player of this mod, and I have had the invalid ID ticket error before, which was easily fixed with a simple manual logout and back in. However, upon trying to play earlier tonight I got the error again, and this time it won't go away.

I've done the standard protocol:
- Restart steam
- Switch users, manually log in again
- Delete clientregistry.blob, steam.dll, steamui.dll
- Restart
- Reinstall GE:S
- Power cycle, flushdns, etc.

This is the first time I haven't been able to get past this error message. I'm not using a router, I'm not VAC banned and I'm able to connect to other servers on different games (TF2, L4D, etc.) The problem is limited to only GE:S.

I'm curious as to how BrainViolation managed to get around this as I've exhausted all the conventional methods I know of.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:05:14 pm by UnholyDiarrhea »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 01:35:48 pm »

The problem is limited to mods in general, not ges in particular.

UnholyDiarrhea

• Agent
  • UnholyDiarrhea has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:01:03 pm »

Alright, well, if anyone thinks of anything new regarding this let me know.

Edit: I tried connecting to servers today, surprise, suddenly everything goes through okay. Apparently magic fixed the issue this time.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:09:06 pm by UnholyDiarrhea »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:23:13 pm »

Magic, no.... Steam (Valve) fixing their errors, yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up