GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 03:05:41 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damn you Microsoft  (Read 22523 times)

fonfa

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • fonfa has no influence.
Re: Damn you Microsoft
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2007, 11:47:03 pm »

well, they're raising the bar
let's see if they can keep up with the hype they created
actually i'm not thrilled at all by halo 3. this excessive marketing just seems stupid to me.
[01:22 PM] fourtecks: YOU NEED ME HARD

oboe

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • oboe is looked down upon.
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2007, 06:07:08 am »

Its called marketing dude, and with much of the 360s future being bet on this game, it isn't surprising that they are trying to create a huge marketing push. If the game turns out to be good, I don't see the point in boycotting a good game just because it has a lot of hype surrounding it. Look at bioshock, that game has a huge amount of hype right now, and its an awesome game.  Just because it has hype doesn't mean people should jump from the bandwagon of liking it, to the bandwagon of hating it just because it is popular. 

I never particularly liked halo, and I don't have a 360, but if the game turns out to be really good, and they port it to the pc, damn straight I'll buy it.  I'm a gamer first and foremost, and I'm not going to let politics or popularity put me off a good gameplay experience. 
It's retarded, even I have a genius mind for marketing, and spamming 'omg halo3' every where is retarded. I never said 'lol, i hate halo 3' I hate microsoft for advertising halo 3 like a penisbot.
I also, don't like bioshock. not because of hype, i was actually really impressed by it, I just played it on 360 and was unimpressed. but I'd still get bioshock before I got metroid prime 3.
I played metroid prime 3 and I was even more disappointed.

but yeah, i don't think I've said here that 'because of the politics and popularity, i'm not playing halo 3!'
if it's good, I might by it used, years down the line, because that's how I roll baby.
I don't want micro$haft to think that I bought into their shitty hype, even if it is a good game. I'll play it, but I am not going to sell out.

oboe

• Secret Agent
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 06:15:17 am »

I'm disgusted by little kids. It offends me. Does that mean I should make all the parents change their lifestyle for me? No. I tolerate them. They bring joy to other people, and are integral. Why can't parents tolerate what I enjoy (Society being open minded, and not having silly morals)? I swear, some parents are so pushy when it comes to the media, and "protecting" their children. I bet some parents would destroy the first amendment to protect their kids, or to make things "moral". They want to make it so only some places can show things they happen to deem offensive at certain times. Why don't I make them live in kid zones, and segregate them away from us?

Also, Konrad was right. You don't want advertisements for a VIDEO game about the FUTURE with ALIENS, but you wouldn't mind torturing people from Microsoft?

EDIT: Oops double post.
1. The biggest problem with the first amendment is that every one sees free speech as a right, not a responsibility, which is what it is.
2. I'm all for 'show whatever you want' but they have to make things appropriate, there's a time and a place for everything, there's no place for master chief in kids meals.
3. I don't want advertisements for a violent video game, marketed to kids. Teletubbies don't need to be playing halo 3.
4. What's wrong with torture? I mean, as long as I don't do it infront of children.
5. I just want things to stay appropriate, I don't want to see a childrens show where the hostess has breasts bigger than the hulks head, and covers the nipples with olives, that's inappropriate for children. Acceptable for adults, but inappropriate for children. You don't have to sensor what your children see, just be able to explain what it is they're seeing, and feeling, and tell them how to deal with those feelings they're having. I'm not toting 'censorship!!' I just want things to be appropriate.

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 07:37:15 am »

Some of that stuff was directed towards another poster, so some of it didn't apply to what you said. 

Regarding free speech.  Thats the thing though.  Who gets to decide what is appropriate?  Your definition of appropriate differs greatly from mine.  Every parent should be able to decide what is appropriate for their own children.  No one should be deciding what is appropriate for someone else (within reason of course).  With game and movie ratings, parents have the ability to get an idea of what a game contains, and can decide for themselves what is appropriate.  And if they are good parents, they should probably be playing the game with their kid, or watching them play at least some of it. 

"i'm all for show whatever you want" and "only whats appropriate" directly contradict each other.

It's not like Burger King was setting up consoles in the restaurant and letting kids play an M rated game.  They probably just have a picture of an armored warrior on the cup.  There is nothing M rated about an armored guy by itself, or an action figure of master chief.  Sure, it will probably make the kid want to play the game.  If the parents don't think it is appropriate, tough shit for the kid, don't let him buy the game. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Polizei has no influence.
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2007, 07:51:07 am »

i wish the first amendment protected tits

England protects tits and they don't even have a first amendment.

oboe

• Secret Agent
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 08:50:01 am »

It's not like Burger King was setting up consoles in the restaurant and letting kids play an M rated game.  They probably just have a picture of an armored warrior on the cup.  There is nothing M rated about an armored guy by itself, or an action figure of master chief.  Sure, it will probably make the kid want to play the game.  If the parents don't think it is appropriate, tough shit for the kid, don't let him buy the game. 
It's not like they're telling kids how to turn gay or anything, it's just a rainbow.

fonfa

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • fonfa has no influence.
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 04:12:12 pm »

[01:22 PM] fourtecks: YOU NEED ME HARD

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 05:34:08 pm »

Fonfa, that "chick" has an adams apple, epic fail. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2007, 04:58:09 am »

It's not like they're telling kids how to turn gay or anything, it's just a rainbow.

It's not like the visible spectrum of light is being refracted at different frequencies by the water molecules in the air, it's just a rainbow

also last time I checked, people don't turn gay
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007, 04:58:44 am »

who keeps locking and deleting things?
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up