GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 05:10:05 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game mode suggestion  (Read 6515 times)

monkeyface

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • monkeyface has no influence.
Game mode suggestion
« on: July 22, 2007, 04:36:14 pm »

Hello! Long time admirer and follower of the mod here throwing out an idea. I am well aware of your work load and how you're taking care of more basic things at the moment but anyone in for a game mode discussion is welcome.
The game mode would play out similar to a round based Team Death match except that the both teams have specific spawn points and that the bad guys would have "henchmen" and a "Super Villain". The henchmen are weaker than everyone else in every way possible but when they die they respawn, unlike Bond and company. The round ends when Bond and friends are dead, the Super Villain is dead or when the time has run out. If Super Villain is alive by then the bad guys win. I guess you could refer to the mode as Super Villain mode or something. A game could look like this:

Brosnan - 200hp, Ak47 KF7
Natalaya - 200hp, Ak47 KF7
Connery - 200hp, Ak47 KF7

VS

Henchman (Generic soldier model number 1) - 50hp, klobb
Henchman (Generic soldier model number 2) - 50hp, klobb
Alec - 200hp, Ak47 KF7

I think this would not only retain a quick-paced Team Death match feeling but also add some Bond flavour not unlike that in the original Goldeneye game. For example, in ge_train the good guys would begin in the first cart. They would slowly advance towards the last cart, killing henchmen and then finally reaching Alec and finishing him off, round over. You could also add several more Bond themes in terms of specific weapons and side missions. For example, first the good guys have to destroy a locking mechanism so that they can unlock a door that separates them from the villain. Tell me what you think, what you'd change or if you've already played it somewhere else and it was awful.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 04:46:16 pm by monkeyface »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Re: Game mode suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 05:21:44 pm »

Sounds fun. Well as you guessed we have a large work load at them moment so it prob wont see the light of day but we are planing to implement lua scripting for game types to allow you guys to make mini games like this.

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 11:20:34 pm »

that's actually an awesome sounding idea.
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

monkeyface

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • monkeyface has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 01:16:34 am »

Sounds fun. Well as you guessed we have a large work load at them moment so it prob wont see the light of day but we are planing to implement lua scripting for game types to allow you guys to make mini games like this.

Happy to know we'll be able to script the mod, are you planning to introduce any new games modes as you enter 1.0? That wasn't in the original 64 game, I mean. Maybe this has been answered before or can be found in a FAQ, if that's the case I'm sorry.
Thank you olileauk! Though I feel a little cheap for including round based matches, that is SOO 1999... and maybe it wouldn't fit together with the other game modes as none of them are round based.
If you know a mod or a game that plays like this, tell me, I want to know how it plays. Assassination mode in CS?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 04:48:18 am »

trust me we have something up our sleve

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 01:23:16 pm »

It sounds pretty familiar to me.
Sometimes when we played GE on the N64, we changed the Handicaps in that way:
one Player at Maximum Health the others at minimum.
The tree Players with low health, should take down the Player with maximum Health at least once.
Timelimit was mostly 10 minutes and Weapons was "Power Weapon".

The Characters were something like Good Vs. Bad.

It was a lot of fun, if the max.Health-Player was not to good, so that the others stand a chance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up