GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 07:27:36 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you think about GoldenEye 007: Reloaded?  (Read 4039 times)

Matteobin

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Matteobin has no influence.
What do you think about GoldenEye 007: Reloaded?
« on: August 26, 2011, 08:38:03 am »

First of all I have to say that I loved the movie and the original game, now I can start.

I don't like this game mainly for two reasons.

FIRST

It's a remake of a remake. GoldenEye 007 for Wii was supposed to be an exclusive, so what is this? A lot of people have bought the game for the Wii (and maybe the Wii itself too) because they knew that it would be avaible only on Wii, but Activision (to have more money) decides now to re-relase it for all the next generation consoles: it's a commercial crap!

SECOND

I know there are a lot of right problems, but seriously are they really thinking that the customer will believe to the re-immagination story? This IS NOT GoldenEye. C'mon there is no more Pierce, the story and the characters are all different and the gameplay is too much similar to the Call Of Duty serie. GoldenEye is GoldenEye. If you think it's too old to remake it, don't do that!

Personally I think GoldenEye: Source is better and less expensive than this ****.

That's my point. What's yours?

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Re: What do you think about GoldenEye 007: Reloaded?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:27:53 am »

Well, in terms of gameplay, I quite like COD, but I hate the old war themed shooter's, I think there's far too many and nobody seems to have the imagination to create anything extraordinary these days, everything has to be simulation. Anything Goldeneye themed immediately grabs my attention for sure, and a part of me can't wait to try this but it will never replace the HD re-release that was supposed to come out originally. I do believe this is going to be a good game, but a good game to fit in with what modern gamers want, but then if the AI was like the original with the dumbass soldiers all running round the corner and you just standing in position popping each one in the head as he comes round, we'd all be a bit pissed about it as all of our expectations have matured somewhat over the years. I'm going to give this the thumbs up for now, but we'll see, It'll never lure me away from GE:S anyway.

terps4life90

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 02:47:43 pm »

Goldeneye Should be nothing like CoD, so i hate it, the single player is written well, multiplayer is terrible.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 10:18:03 am »

I think i've posted my opinion on the remake a few times now.
Not a bad game, not even a bad bond game (if they'd choosen another name), but it's not Goldeneye.

Seriously i had at least some fun while playing through the SP even on 007 classic difficulty, allthough it showed me that the gameplay wasn't suitable for non regenerating health, at least in the "forced action parts" (* whenever you needed to face lots of enemies in a firefight without the possibility of stealthy playing).

The bigger let down for me was the Multiplayer.
Just a standard CoD-like system without the slightest possibility to alter it to something a little more classic.
You're more or less forced to play online if you wanna experience the whole multiplayer part (big versions of the maps, unlocking all stuff, leveling up weapons and abilities).
Pages: [1]   Go Up