GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 02:16:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a weird bug  (Read 3330 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
a weird bug
« on: July 24, 2012, 11:37:20 am »

hey guys,

since 2 weeks or so there´s a weird issue which prevents me from online gaming with steam. everytime I join a public internet server, I couldn´t play (feels like something is blocking me, because the spectator screen bounces back and forward, but it´s definetely not the active firewall) and then get disconnected from the internet. when I create a server on my own, it just works fine. it only happens with public steam games. it´s weird because my internet connection is even better than before and runs perfectly, also the other games work normal. I even tried it out in another flat, but I got the same issue, so the connection speed can´t be the problem. I´ve searched for a solution, but I didn´t find anything. do you know something that could help me?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:58:28 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: a weird bug
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:48:08 pm »

Hopefully someone here knows the answer, but I think you should throw it up on the Steam Forums as well.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 01:41:45 pm »

Does it spit out any error message or does it simply quit the game (and apparently disconnects you from the internet)? It's weird if it happens only with Steam games - I assume it's every game on Steam, Source-based or not. Try reinstalling the games being affected to see what happens. Sometimes silly solutions work - with that being said, delete the ClientRegistry.blob file. You never know.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 01:47:32 pm by PPK »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:49:01 pm »

no error message, just the disconnection. I deinstalled the ClientRegistry.blob file a while ago but it didn´t help.
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 08:04:41 pm »

I used to have that problem for HL1 based games... I started playing a few months later and it worked again. I don't know what caused it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up