GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:14:43 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hldsupdatetool no longer working, how to install server using SteamCMD?  (Read 26980 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Hldsupdatetool no longer working, how to install server using SteamCMD?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 12:05:42 am »

I don't have them :-/

Darkflame

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Darkflame has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 12:31:42 am »

Bugger, worth a shot, i wish Valve would get their shit together :(

Govik_420

• Agent
  • Govik_420 has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 11:44:08 am »

I just used hldsupdatetool to DL the orangebox files. If it wasn't working they turned it back on I'm guessing... I am using windows on a side note and have yet to try launching the server.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 12:17:27 pm by Govik_420 »

Govik_420

• Agent
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 12:22:54 pm »

Well even though it did DL the orangebox files I can't seem to get the server to launch. It just closes right away and creates a dump file.

*EDIT* I tried on another machine and it's working. So an issue with that PC. So hldsupdatetool worked for me in installing the orangebox files needed to run a gesource server.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 01:13:54 pm by Govik_420 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 02:01:23 pm »

Excellent, you might have to give it an ip address "+ip <IP of Machine>"

Govik_420

• Agent
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 03:21:23 pm »

It's an older processor so I think it's missing SSE2 or something the server needs... But I'll try that (if you are referring to it not working on the machine it wasn't) Thanks for the info. Tweaking the server a bit and then it will be up

Darkflame

• Agent
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2013, 05:14:52 am »

Mine downloaded, got the server running but it takes a few tries before it stays open, crashes a few times times and creates a dump file before it finally stays open.

I want to set some options but i can't seem to find anything in the wiki about disabling spectator and making it 'auto join' when a player enters the server etc.

I would also generally like to have a page with server tips and config settings, but i can't find anything in the wiki?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:35:10 am by Darkflame »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »

If it is crashing on windows please send me the dump files. They should be located in the Source SDK Base 2007 folder or the Orangebox folder. Whichever one you are starting the executable from (usually).

Do a search for "*.mdmp" in windows to find them.

Zip and upload them somewhere and paste the link. I'll see where the crash is occurring.

----------------

There is no option for "Auto Join" in GES.

You can try using the standard HL2 command "mp_allowspectators 0" to disable spectators. I have no idea what this will do to the game, it is untested.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:46:22 pm by killermonkey »

Darkflame

• Agent
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 03:17:39 am »

If it is crashing on windows please send me the dump files. They should be located in the Source SDK Base 2007 folder or the Orangebox folder. Whichever one you are starting the executable from (usually).

Do a search for "*.mdmp" in windows to find them.

Zip and upload them somewhere and paste the link. I'll see where the crash is occurring.

----------------

There is no option for "Auto Join" in GES.

You can try using the standard HL2 command "mp_allowspectators 0" to disable spectators. I have no idea what this will do to the game, it is untested.

Nah, that command doesn't work.

It's a shame there isn't an auto join because from the few games i have played, i've often seen new players come in and take ages to join a game.

I understand the idea of allowing a player to pick a character etc but i feel the game could go faster if a character could be automatically randomly assigned and a player enters the game straight away.

Anyhoo, here's my error logs: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jfyk58

Thanks for taking the look.

One last question, is there any admin tools / mods for Goldeneye?

I've seen servers with voting for maps, gun sets, game modes etc, i would like that on my servers.

I was able to find most of the options via the various config files but i couldn't find voting and i couldn't find a way of defining gun sets, it seems to just randomise after each round.

Govik_420

• Agent
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 04:47:01 am »

I use sourcemod on my GES server. It's the best out there in my opinion. http://www.sourcemod.net/ you will also need metamod:source http://www.sourcemm.net/ which will load sourcemod, you need to create a .vdf file here http://www.sourcemm.net/vdf just type gesource in the "game folder" box and click "generate metamod.vdf" then drop that file in tha addons folder I.e. .../gesource/addons. sourcemod comes with some basic voting and map voting as well as admin commands like kicking and banning. you can customize with plugins that give more robust options for voting and all kinds of things. follow the plugins link on the sourcemod  homepage.

*Edit* also not sure about game mode voting and gunsets with sourcemod. I'm curious as to what mods give those options but it does have map voting.

*Edit 2* they just released updates to sourcemod and metamod:source. I tried to upgrade but it broke a couple plugins that haven't been update. I am using sourcemod v1.4.7 and metamod:source v1.9.2 the new SM 1.50 & MM:S 1.10 don't need the metamod.vdf but the versions I'm using do.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:25:18 am by Govik_420 »

Darkflame

• Agent
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 08:19:04 am »

Thanks govik, i will take a look :)

I'd like to customise weapon sets or disable certain 'no skill' weapons like proximity mines etc, also how does one enable team death match mode?

I've looked in the game play mode config and there is no mention of the word 'team' in there.

Death Match is in there twice but i've played my server for a good few hours with 10+ people and team death match never activated.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:30:41 am by Darkflame »

Govik_420

• Agent
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 08:45:44 am »

If you look in the server.cfg you will find the various gamemodes you just remove the // in front of the gamemode.cfg you want to use but you don't want to enable them all. also in server.cfg there is a command ge_teamplay 0 , switch it to 1 and enable the deathmatch.cfg by removing the // and it will be team DM. As far as disabling specific weapons not sure about that I'm sure a script or plugin could be made for that but pretty sure GES alone doesn't allow that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:49:29 am by Govik_420 »

Darkflame

• Agent
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 11:48:38 am »

If you look in the server.cfg you will find the various gamemodes you just remove the // in front of the gamemode.cfg you want to use but you don't want to enable them all. also in server.cfg there is a command ge_teamplay 0 , switch it to 1 and enable the deathmatch.cfg by removing the // and it will be team DM. As far as disabling specific weapons not sure about that I'm sure a script or plugin could be made for that but pretty sure GES alone doesn't allow that.

Thanks again.

Does changing the ge_teamplay from 0 to 1 eliminate Death Match completely?

I want a mixture of Death Match and Team Death Match on the same server.

I wish there was an abbreviation guide for the game play types, i've worked out most of them but what does LA and LALD stand for?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 11:50:45 am by Darkflame »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 01:52:31 am »

Anyhoo, here's my error logs: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jfyk58

Thanks for taking the look.

All these crashes are occurring due to tier_0.dll which is outside of GE:S (i.e., it's Valve). It looks like it is occurring on start-up as that is the only thing being called in the call stack. No further information can be derived with these dumps.

Darkflame

• Agent
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 07:38:01 am »

Thanks for taking a look, so i have to wait for Valve to fix the problem or is there anything i can do to fix it?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:18:08 am by Darkflame »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up