GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:16:07 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: need help spreading the love  (Read 10224 times)

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
Re: need help spreading the love
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 11:37:46 am »

so i set sv_lan 1?

Is it possible to play the game, and a LAN without using steam?  my friend is unable to log on to steam because our internet is crap.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 12:16:30 pm »

so i set sv_lan 1?

Is it possible to play the game, and a LAN without using steam?  my friend is unable to log on to steam because our internet is crap.
Even with the crappiest 28K you can still log into Steam.

I seriously doubt you got a legal copy... ::)

Why don't you just download him the installler? Let him log in... And then put the GE:S folder into his mod folder?

But wait a second... If your friends connection suck he probably doesn't even have Steam since he can't log in. In that case just stop whining and buy Half-Life2, or l2install Ubuntu and launch Windows games for Wine and baclk up your folder and put it under his Ubuntu install too.

Otherwise you can't... play...

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 03:02:11 pm »

Ok thanks for calling me a liar especially since I do own The complete Orange box as well as CSS, L4D, Garry's Mod... and i have been playing GES since Beta 1, which I'm sure many people on here can vouch for. 

I wish I was on a crappy 28k, we are connected to a router that connects directly to a satellite... barely, I'm not exactly sure how it works but it seems to disconnect and reconnect from the internet almost constantly and download speeds are usually around 2kb/s.  If I were at home downloading the installer again would be no problem but here in Afghanistan things arn't quite that easy.

Anyways we are both able to log into steam now and i'm going to try to start up a LAN game in offline mode hopefully it works

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2010, 07:03:57 pm »

Don't mind Vincent, he seems to have problems interacting with other people.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 08:26:28 pm »

Ok thanks for calling me a liar especially since I do own The complete Orange box as well as CSS, L4D, Garry's Mod... and i have been playing GES since Beta 1, which I'm sure many people on here can vouch for.
OK... I own Global agenda, Orange Box, L4D, Half-Life 1 and every GoldSource game out there and I've been playing since Alpha. Is my e-penis larger than yours now?

The point here, my friend, is that you need two Steam accounts that both have a Source game...

I wish I was on a crappy 28k, we are connected to a router that connects directly to a satellite... barely, I'm not exactly sure how it works but it seems to disconnect and reconnect from the internet almost constantly and download speeds are usually around 2kb/s.
You don't have to download anything... There is this backup option of every game that you own in Steam. So put the backup and the Steam installer on a USB stick, run the Steam installer on your friends pc and put the backup in place. All you need to do know is only connect to Steam just once and just activate it and hit the "Remember login stuff for offline use, or something" checkbox and you're good to go. Steam does check for different accounts in LAN play, even if you are both offline.

Don't mind Vincent, he seems to have problems interacting with other people.
Okey... glad somebody pointed that out for me so I didn't have to <_<'
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 08:28:53 pm by V!NCENT »

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 06:06:20 pm »

e-penis? are you kidding me?

You miss the point, I don't like being called a liar and a theif.  But anyways I don't want to get in a flaming match here so thanks for all the people who gave me answers without attitude  ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:09:28 pm by WatchMyTrace »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up