GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:37:12 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_Dam_PRA  (Read 21520 times)

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
Ge_Dam_PRA
« on: January 17, 2014, 09:51:15 pm »

Well i think i should let this out of the bag. this is being made by Patriota.

http://s917.photobucket.com/user/patriotakamikaze/media/Rec22_zps6d3d3d42.mp4.html

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
Re: Ge_Dam_PRA
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 11:43:56 pm »

I need a new pair of pants.
So far looks great, I'm a little iffy on the glass being used mainly because I've never seen it before and it just looks a little weird to me to see pieces of glass being blown away while the rest is still connected. Now I personally would like snow to be added since it was kinda snowy in the game and if you look at the planned XBLA version, snow was also on the road instead of just being on the mountains. Also maybe make the mountains a little less square-ish. I know this is trying to stay true to the original, so Patriota doesn't have to of extremely detailed in the mountain shapes, but make parts pop out, I mean they weren't flat squares in the original either. Now of course this is a WIP, so the mountains could be place holder's for all I know, and he could be purposably not adding snow to give it a different appearance like how the warp module version of Siberia had a raining with no snow version of the map for you to warp to, but I'm excited to see the rest of the level when he's done.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 01:51:09 am »

ITS SUBLIME

i've seen the other images before and honestly it looks beautiful

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 04:52:49 am »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 06:00:04 am »

I've never heard of Patriota before until a week ago with his release of Runway. This guy is pretty fucking awesome.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 08:09:43 am »

I've never heard of Patriota before until a week ago with his release of Runway. This guy is pretty fucking awesome.

I thought the same. Looks very cool. The output is amazing.
Hey @Patriota, why don't you apply as a map designer? The mod needs people like you

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:29:35 am by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 10:10:24 am »

I see a lot of missaligned brushes.
He should start using the grid size to avoid missalignments like that.

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 05:58:21 pm »

I thought the same. Looks very cool. The output is amazing.
Hey @Patriota, why don't you apply as a map designer? The mod needs people like you

I'd hate to be that guy, but this is a far way from GE:S quality.

Also, Adrian pointed out that there seems to be a leak in the map, evident from the fact that the water doesn't render correctly.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:15:19 am by soupcan »

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 08:36:06 pm »

Maybe apply for making Classic maps? The Runway is practically spot on and it looks like it's the same quality as Complex Classic and Facility Classic.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

soupcan

• 00 Agent
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 09:41:18 pm »

Maybe apply for making Classic maps? The Runway is practically spot on and it looks like it's the same quality as Complex Classic and Facility Classic.

It really is not -- it's lacking in detail, even compared to the original. Also, no one needs a Runway or Dam Classic map because they weren't a multiplayer map in the original and its design certainly isn't fit for MP.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 08:21:07 pm by soupcan »

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 03:16:41 am »

It really is not -- it's lacking in detail, even compared to the original. Also, no one needs a Runway or Dam Classic map because they weren't a multiplayer map in the original and its design certainly isn't fit for MP.

but Dam Classic was going to be a new map for the cancelled Goldeneye XBLA back in 2007

soupcan

• 00 Agent
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 04:11:07 am »

Doesn't mean it's good. The only way Dam's layout could work out is if it's modified for a lot of back areas, and little to no Dam.

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 04:23:02 am »

The dam layout for singleplayer does not suit the multiplayer aspect of gameplay. It would be too linear and the amount of people opting to vote for a different map is substantial. If the dam is going to be made for multi then a number of areas going around the dam need to be added for that quick paced action.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 06:04:10 am »

The only way to make dam work would be make the map the way it is in GE007. Then you'd have to build all the connecting tunnels, paths and buildings to make it work. To do this would make it a pretty massive map. Thankfully we have the system to shut down parts of the map by player count.

So I'd either make a dam_fz and dam_bz, or one massive map that shuts down areas. Map would be basically like runway. You'd have to build a underground or a building within the mountains and have the road wrap around the mountain/building.

I'd personally make dam_bz as it's a lot easier to adopt to a mp map. Make it the dam it self to the last gate that is opened. A lot more manageable size and can turn it into a ever linked mp map more naturally.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Trent Easton

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 06:25:56 am »

looks cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up