GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:23:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [ISSUE] Game will not open  (Read 9090 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: [ISSUE] Game will not open
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 05:34:27 pm »

Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

chocodisaster

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • chocodisaster has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 09:20:49 pm »

Please check this post with common issues and fixes: https://www.reddit.com/r/goldeneyesource/comments/4xl7k4/50_troubleshooting_common_issues/

same issue after following the reddit post!

sunnydaze1

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sunnydaze1 has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 09:27:00 am »

im having the same issue trying to start up any help please

Desolatte

• Agent
  • Desolatte has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 04:43:10 pm »

Same issue here.

The reddit link mentions trying to install the 32bit version of Microsoft's 2012 Visual C++ Redistributables. I already have the 64 bits version, that, I believe, is required for other games...

The torrent is the most reliable way to install the game, hopefully it will fix your issue.

Windir. Fuck yeah.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 09:01:12 pm »

64-bit MSVC Redist will get you nowhere for a 32-bit binary.......... you need it. If you use the exe installer, it actually installs it for you.

Unless you guys can provide further information about anything unique about your computer, steam configuration, or whatever, there is nothing we can do to help solve your problem.

Analogy- I go to the car repair shop and tell them my car turns on but shuts off after 30 seconds. He asks a couple obvious questions which leads him nowhere, then asks if he can see the car himself. You left your car at home. That is the position we are in right now.

Desolatte

• Agent
  • Desolatte has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 09:37:12 pm »

64-bit MSVC Redist will get you nowhere for a 32-bit binary.......... you need it. If you use the exe installer, it actually installs it for you.

Unless you guys can provide further information about anything unique about your computer, steam configuration, or whatever, there is nothing we can do to help solve your problem.

Analogy- I go to the car repair shop and tell them my car turns on but shuts off after 30 seconds. He asks a couple obvious questions which leads him nowhere, then asks if he can see the car himself. You left your car at home. That is the position we are in right now.

I'm on a laptop
I7-4700HQ
GTX 850M - up to date drivers (even downloaded an update today)
What would you need about the Steam configuration ?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 10:01:49 pm »

I really am not sure what to ask, without a crash report, error message, or anything else of significance its really a mystery. Clearly its not the mod itself because thousands of people are playing it without any issues. So there must be a unique circumstance that each of you is encountering.

Could it be a bad directx install? maybe

Have you looked in the Windows Event viewer for extra information?

Have you tried to reset your windows files back to normal state using these instructions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833 ?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up