GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 09:34:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Release date of GE:s Beta 3  (Read 25897 times)

Angeal

Release date of GE:s Beta 3
« on: October 11, 2008, 04:10:59 pm »

Is there a planned date? Or unsure?
If not, any idea if it will be weeks or months or even years?
I have waited ages for this. :( and there have been many updates as I can see. You say you want to get everything finished first, but it is a beta version not a final... =/
Regards,

-Lee

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: Release date of GE:s Beta 3
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 04:41:32 pm »

I heard it might be next century.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 05:30:34 pm »

Click my sig to find out.

irfman

• Secret Agent
  • irfman is looked down upon.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 10:34:03 pm »

Leaked Spoiler release date:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Syke :D

Angeal

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 01:33:05 am »

I don't understand your humor. =/
These guys just seem really slow about updates. (No offence).
Regards,

-Lee

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 01:53:53 am »

Who like pie ? I like pie
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Angeal

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 02:06:24 am »

I think the room for retards is over in that directions... yup, keep walking that way, it has a big sign outsied, you can't miss it. :)
Regards,

-Lee

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 04:01:14 am »

Today is tomorrow with different stuff. Yesterday happened next week.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 05:22:11 am »

I have the key to beta3, and i just cant be fucked going to the keysmith - so bl thar

Ryan [Saiz]

• Retired Developer
  • Ryan [Saiz] is looked down upon.
    • My Site
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 10:39:41 am »

Well if we told you we would have to kill you. Then we wouldn't have a fan base and wouldn't release.
Quote from: Loafie, Hero of Dreams
He's kind of like a tornado. He's not around all the time, but when he is, shit gets moved hahaha

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 12:48:01 pm »

the key to B3 is locked away in a silver globe somewhere in siberia
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 04:19:46 pm »

GO!
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 11:00:53 pm »

where?

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Rumina

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 03:12:26 am »

Over half a year since the last big update, I think it's safe to say it'll launch simultaneously with Black Mesa.. Sometime between now and Duke Nukem Forever, so it's possibly dead or lying on the ground gasping for air while it slowly bleeds out. At any rate I have some fond memories of playing the beta long long ago and having drawn out knife fights with Cutthroat (to which I always lost by default via throwing knife to the head from 500 feet away... he's not human I tell you).

EDIT: Nevermnd... just saw the 9/27 thread. Been a while since I've been around these parts since I lost my account after the new forums. This mod has a habit of falling dead on it's face and then miraculously getting back up lol.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:17:25 am by Rumina »

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 04:41:10 am »

sorry about the whole lack of updates thing, we do kinda suck at getting those out to you guys. the main reason we are slow with updates, is that they take a lot longer to assemble and a bit of work to do them. so we would rather just spend that time and effort actually making the game cause well that's a lot more fun for us haha.

as for us being dead and gasping for air hehe the rumors of our death are greatly exaggerated hehe.

and the reason we want EVERYTHING to be in game for this release, is that we are doing a True beta. which for anyone who works in actually game development knows that means all features will be implemented and testing needs to be done before the game goes gold.
since we don't have a dedicated team of 100 testers playing our game for 16 hours a day during crunch time, we would rather throw it out to you guys to find our minor bugs that we couldn't iron out in pre testing.

not to mention the game has been in the works for far to long to have us let something out this time that isn't totally fantastic and really fun. beta wasn't so hot, alpha same deal fun for a couple weeks then you go back to games that are balanced and good to play. we want people to have fun with GES so they want to keep coming back for more.

now as for a release date... uhh it wont be years i know that much, but it wont be days either haha. we are closer to having the game we set out to build, than we have ever been. and the current game is actually pretty dam fun to play but we know we can squeeze even more fun out of it, and get in the last few features we have wanted too. its been almost 4 years since this thing started, i think you guys can hang on just a little longer to get the game we've all been dreaming of.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up