GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:33:16 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cinematographer [Images Added]  (Read 15013 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Cinematographer [Images Added]
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 01:57:22 pm »

well of course those are a bunch of my old videos

Then why did you post them as your latest and greatest in your trial application if you knew that they were old and not representative of your current work?

most of my videos cant be hosted anywhere either since they are either too large or too long... its a bummer.

We are not looking for feature length films here, more like a 3 - 5 minute trailer or immersion experience. Something that can easily spread around the internet. Don't bother posting videos that are longer then 10 min for us to watch, then its not a trailer its a movie.

I am still skeptical...

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2009, 07:23:11 pm »

Generalchurch, I don't agree with your logic of  "it is the isp and your connection" that can't handle it. I have uploaded videos from many sources and seen many videos that just have shitty frame rates because youtube is retarded and doesn't upload it correctly. I sat for 4 days converting it every file format imaginable with the EXACT requirements they wanted for HD and it was still screwed up. Youtube is just crap sometimes. Half the times, it can't even render my video I load up on it.....which is garbage.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 10:00:17 pm »

Agreed, your ISP has nothing to do with choppiness of Youtube. Unlike streaming videos, youtube downloads the movie via TCP and plays it back in their flash player. Therefore, your ISP has nothing to do with the actually playback of the movie. Although, to their credit, no other movie providing service does much better with exception to Hulu.

GeneralChurch

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GeneralChurch is looked down upon.
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 06:01:40 pm »

Generalchurch, I don't agree with your logic of  "it is the isp and your connection" that can't handle it. I have uploaded videos from many sources and seen many videos that just have shitty frame rates because youtube is retarded and doesn't upload it correctly. I sat for 4 days converting it every file format imaginable with the EXACT requirements they wanted for HD and it was still screwed up. Youtube is just crap sometimes. Half the times, it can't even render my video I load up on it.....which is garbage.

What are you using to convert the video files and what is your output type?  Make sure all your bit rate and sample rates are consistent to the video being produced or it will look glitchy or laggy and your audio could possibly go out of sync.  i render out in full 720p or 1080i/p in Final Cut and I have tested files on youtube with no glitching or delay...

So let me know what you are using and maybe I could help you out, also what kind of computer are you using and its specs.

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 06:34:05 pm »

Is this thread off topic?

Just thought I would ask.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 06:46:06 pm »

It is. Back on topic, or I will lock the thread and you can re-apply when your ready to show something new.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

GeneralChurch

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • GeneralChurch is looked down upon.
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 11:02:22 pm »

i have about 12 hrs of GE Source video right now i will lock it my self and re present you with something new... sevi?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 11:05:42 pm »

savvi* ;)

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up