GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:30:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Composer Looking for Work  (Read 9177 times)

Kautzman

Composer Looking for Work
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:53:04 am »

Hello everyone that is part of this awesome development team.

I love the work you guys do and I myself am actually looking for a reason to contribute to a project such as this.  I've done piano arrangements forever and I recently have gotten into full arrangements with such toys as FL studio and Reason.  I only have one arrangement done but not refined completed and it's a New Age-esq mix of Dire Dire Docks from Mario 64 so it's hardly a gauge for work I could potentially do, but if you give me an assignment, I could probably present a full track within about 10 days.  Consider me some kind of free, freelance composer :P.  I'm not looking for an official spot on the team.  I'm just looking for a purpose to write and a project that I admire to contribute to.

I have a really hard time motivating myself to write without a reason to do so, so anything you want, and I'll at least see what I can come up with.  Whether you use it or not is obviously completely up to you.

If you wish to take my offer, give me a project, tell me what to expect of it, what you want to use it for and all that jazz and then if you want, give me a due date.

Email me at mkautzm (a)(t) gmail or just respond to this topic and I'll check them often.

Thanks for your time.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 08:55:20 am by Kautzman »

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
Re: Composer Looking for Work
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 12:28:43 pm »

If you want us to consider your application, you should supply some previous work you've done.

Kautzman

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:49:48 pm »

Fair enough ~

I'm home for the holidays now, but I should be back at my apartment around the 7th of January.  All my "done" work is there.

Edit:  Ah, I lied!  I do have my current project uploaded on the net:

www.mkautzman.com/DireDireFinal15.mp3

~

That's still a work in progress, about 80% done, but it needs to have layering better balanced, the drum line for all intents and purposes redone and I'm working on some spice for it.  That's probably not the style your looking for, but regardless, it's something nonetheless and it's the only "Full" piece I have, everything else is Piano arrangements.  When that's done, I'll be working on more and I'll keep you updated on such things.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 09:56:24 pm by Kautzman »

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 10:31:58 pm »

Not bad, but do you really think we need another guy, bass? 

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 11:04:50 pm »

I'm not sure if I like the arrangement changes you have done to Dire Dire Docks (a great piece of music from Mario 64 btw). It just feels odd at the 1:08 mark. Besides that it sounds pretty good to me, but I'm not an audiophile so you better get some deeper thoughts from basstronix and audix
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 11:29:00 pm »

First off, FL and Reason are not "toys." :)

Regarding this track, it's mixed okay I suppose. Piano sounds a little mechanical at times and there are some velocity changes that are a little jarring from note to note. Is that a Chrono Trigger reference at 2:28 that I hear? Arps later on are pretty tastefully done. Maybe try panning some of the sounds (pads) around some more to unclutter the piano's mids some from the pads in the background (or just re-EQ). Overall, this isn't bad but maybe a bit generic. Also, some of the note choices are suspect.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 03:13:42 am by Audix »

basstronix

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!basstronix has great potential!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 01:33:24 am »

Well I was giving him a chance to blow us away before I admitted that we already have the music area covered.    Sorry mate.

Kautzman

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 06:04:51 am »

Well I was giving him a chance to blow us away before I admitted that we already have the music area covered.    Sorry mate.

Haha :P Tis' Fine.

I'm actually very pleased that I got the amount of feedback for this one piece that I did, so for that, I want to thank all of you as getting quality feedback these days is a challenge in itself.

Thanks a ton for your time and I wish you sincere luck on developing this awesome mod.

...there are some velocity changes that are a little jarring from note to note.

Yeah, normalizing velocity is on the to do list;  there are parts where it's painful to listen to and the way the piano makes it so obvious doesn't help it at all.  And at 2:28, you're the second person to mention said reference.  I actually didn't intend for it to be a reference to anything, but heck, it's a neat little easter egg that I didn't even know existed if nothing else.

Edit:  You did Devastation's Doorway?  Hats off to you sir, one of my favorite mixes on OC.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 06:24:39 am by Kautzman »

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 07:58:04 am »

Edit:  You did Devastation's Doorway?  Hats off to you sir, one of my favorite mixes on OC.
Thanks.

Good luck with your music.  :)

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 05:38:25 am »

hells yeah, Devastation's Doorway ftw! I caught myself playing it yesterday then halfway through remembered it was an Audix mix <3
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control
Pages: [1]   Go Up