GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:29:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats up with Complex?  (Read 9892 times)

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
Re: Whats up with Complex?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 08:15:47 am »

32 spawn points is ridiculous there is no need. i havent ever been in one serv where every slot is loaded at the exact same time or where everyone dies at the same time. 18 i think is plenty

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 08:20:40 am »

classic is to scale, blue complex is scaled up to accommodate larger groups. also, more spawns points have been added and will be addressed in a patch. my bad.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 08:27:19 am by Loafie, Hero of Dreams »
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 08:21:54 am »

i thought it was a little bigger. you notice it most in the pit with 2 crosswalks

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 08:26:37 am »

I still wonder there are ppl hosting maps like Complex_classic or Basement on 20-32 slot servers.
If they're going to host a server of that size, they should only run the big maps.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 09:04:25 am »

the main point of this thread is being adressed internally, thanks for bringing it up :D Im now locking this because..

Enough time has passed talking about the spawnpoints. It is being adressed in a patch which has been stated enough by now. You dont need to mention how you got telefragged or spawnkilled, anymore. You were on a server that is affected by this? that is now YOUR problem alone. Quite frankly its stupid to stay in a server that hosts conditions that you will just complain about afterwards. Devs do it too and i think why...

Move to an 8 man server that has a couple people in, soon it will fill up and your kind of gameplay can be enjoyed without flaws. End of story
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 09:12:18 am by Wake[of]theBunT »
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up