GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 04:27:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the future for Goldeneye Source?  (Read 7753 times)

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: What's the future for Goldeneye Source?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 01:09:51 am »

I would feel a lot more motivated to work on the mod if we could get on Steam like all the other cool mods :(
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 02:04:02 am »

I Wish that Valve could gain the rights to the james bond francise and hire you guys
to make the game

especially now that Activison is out of the game (which also brings the possibility of getting Goldeneye On XBLA now)

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 05:01:44 am »

I Wish that Valve could gain the rights to the james bond francise and hire you guys
to make the game

especially now that Activison is out of the game (which also brings the possibility of getting Goldeneye On XBLA now)
Actually because the Xbox One has been out for a while, if they do decide to be a true remake of GE, it'd probably be for Wii U and Xbox One, which isn't a bad thing, while it'd still be the same situation of the Wii U not having the same graphics as Xbox One, Nintendo should do what they did before with Reloaded, just release it a year early on Wii U and boom! Everyone is happy! *intensive stare* I mean unless I'm mistaken, that was the main or biggest reason why GE XBLA was cancelled, because Nintendo feared that no one would buy the Wii version due to it not having as great graphics as the XBLA version, which technically would be the main reason any would buy the game besides having a second chance of owning GE if they missed the n64 version or lost it/gave it away/etc, but even so. It still would've been better than the original version in terms of graphics, they shouldn't have backed out because of money. Also because of what Microsoft has had Rare do to it's IPs (Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, Conkey: Live & Reloaded and telling us to make our own Conker sequel in Project Spark) the team would have to be hardcore GE fans that know what made the game as awesome as it was, or get the same team that made PD XBLA unless they're gone or changed or if possible, get the original GE XBLA team, they'd probably be happy to finish (or restart if the scraped version doesn't exist anymore in any form besides leaked pictures and Silo footage) the game. Best case senioro would be to actually track down the original GE team and offer them a chance to remake their masterpiece. I bet Grant and a few other members would love to do it again, would be lovely if they used the uncompressed versions of the songs or have Grant and Graeme recreate them with updated instruments. I mean Yannick, Greg, and Trent's remixes have their own variouses to the songs, so the GE:S songs would still be different though a few songs might be hard to distict since those are just updated instruments like Classic Dossier. Anyways these are things I would love to see if GE XBLA was given a second chance, though really, doesn't do much to hope plus I'm not sure I would've found this mod if GE XBLA had come out because I wouldn't have bothered looking up GE Remakes if we had gotten the true one, so I am in a way happy that it was cancelled, even if the mod was in development before GE XBLA was cancelled or probably started, pretty sure lots of people wouldn't have found GE:S if it had been made.
Anyways, sorry if that got off topic, it's late at night here (almost early morning lol), if Valve got the rights to James Bond.....I'm not exactly sure what they'd do. Don't know if they'd hire you guys and go and sell this mod (though probably would've helped you guys make it a stand alone game) or if they'd make their own Bond game with a different team. They probably wouldn't sue you for copyright or anything unless you stole their models and even then they would say to give them credit because Valve is really laid back when it comes to people using their stuff because they love fan service.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up