GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 23, 2024, 03:32:22 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye Source Dismemberment Mode  (Read 5751 times)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
Goldeneye Source Dismemberment Mode
« on: July 10, 2014, 02:30:26 pm »

i had this idea after playing on Garrys Mod

Like Paintball or Turbo Mode this mode allows players upon death to be dismembered into pieces, headshot deaths cause decapitations, shooting legs and other parts of the body even after death will cause their bodies to break away from the body and go flying… depending on the greater force of destruction you could be able to kill other players from the splash damage
This mode is based on the Garry’s Mod add on Dismemberment mode known as Gibmod v2 by Doug
It would make a fun “cheat” though the only issues I can think of will be the lag spikes when each model explodes especially with players with high ping and the other is can it really be adapted into Goldeneye Source from Gary’s Mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlBG7Ud3awk&feature=youtu.be

think of it as an extremely messy LTK :P

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Goldeneye Source Dismemberment Mode
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 01:30:07 am »

How... how does that even work code wise???

Generating gibs on the fly, amazing.

No, this won't be in GES. Sorry ^-^
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 05:57:16 pm »

That sucks.  It would have been hilarious seeing a bunch of heads piling up around the map.  Even funnier would be if the heads blew up like grenades after rolling around for a couple seconds.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 11:36:51 am »

How... how does that even work code wise???

Generating gibs on the fly, amazing.

No, this won't be in GES. Sorry ^-^

I could message the creator and see if he would be interested in coding it for GES

i just thought that it would add something new to GES and would be just a bit of fun
but yeah it probarly wouldnt fit well with the tone of the game

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 06:56:33 pm »

It doesn't fit within the scope of the project. Even if it was an optional thing that was off by default, almost all servers would end up with it enabled anyway. Because hey, it's a feature and people sure do love features! It seems to me like something that would severely pollute the experience that the mod aims to provide.

If server admins can find a way to mod it into their servers, then that's their perogative. (Personally I think it's bad enough that new players can end up on GE:S servers with obnoxious plugins like that quake/unreal announcer mod.) Where we've added features and functionality in the past has really been to bring a more expansive support for custom game modes whilst keeping a rigid gameplay foundation for them. Gore/dismemberment is more of an aesthetic thing that can be found in plenty of other games.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 10:44:55 pm »

I like El Dudereno's idea of exploding heads, how about this:
Instead of a mode like paintball or turbo, it's a game mode similar to LTK. One shot to a limb will cause it to explode (no splash damage, just a visual explosion to reference how lots of objects explode in the original like crates and chairs 8)), but it affects game play, so if shot in the leg, the player is running around with one leg, if shot in both legs, the player is stuck in crouching basically so they move slow and their viewpoint is low. If shot in the right arm, then they have a mirrored slappers (as in using the left arm) only slappers to make it easier on coding if it's possible to flip the model without needing a new copy of the model. If shot in both arms then you're screwed, run for your life or purposably run towards someone so you can respawn and hope to get more kills to make that suicide not hurt your score too badly. If not possible to flip the slappers models through coding, then just make it so you can't attack. A shot to the head or upper torso will be an instakill. This would be different from LTK because you wouldn't kill the person by shooting their arm or leg, you'd have to shot their upper torso or head to kill them. I could see this becoming a very competive game mode and fun viusal if it doesn't create tons of lag. Course then again might have to be an offical gamemode where new models and/or animations could be added to remove the limbs. While I don't find this game mode to have a high chance of being added, it's still something to be considered and would have a higher chance than your original idea, and might be easier on coding, course i have no knowledge of coding gamemodes so this might be harder idk. I think this could be a very fun game mode, but that's just my opinion.
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Zesty Mayo

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • Zesty Mayo might someday be someone...Zesty Mayo might someday be someone...Zesty Mayo might someday be someone...Zesty Mayo might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 12:30:10 am »

I like El Dudereno's idea of exploding heads, how about this:
Instead of a mode like paintball or turbo, it's a game mode similar to LTK. One shot to a limb will cause it to explode (no splash damage, just a visual explosion to reference how lots of objects explode in the original like crates and chairs 8)), but it affects game play, so if shot in the leg, the player is running around with one leg, if shot in both legs, the player is stuck in crouching basically so they move slow and their viewpoint is low. If shot in the right arm, then they have a mirrored slappers (as in using the left arm) only slappers to make it easier on coding if it's possible to flip the model without needing a new copy of the model. If shot in both arms then you're screwed, run for your life or purposably run towards someone so you can respawn and hope to get more kills to make that suicide not hurt your score too badly. If not possible to flip the slappers models through coding, then just make it so you can't attack. A shot to the head or upper torso will be an instakill. This would be different from LTK because you wouldn't kill the person by shooting their arm or leg, you'd have to shot their upper torso or head to kill them. I could see this becoming a very competive game mode and fun viusal if it doesn't create tons of lag. Course then again might have to be an offical gamemode where new models and/or animations could be added to remove the limbs. While I don't find this game mode to have a high chance of being added, it's still something to be considered and would have a higher chance than your original idea, and might be easier on coding, course i have no knowledge of coding gamemodes so this might be harder idk. I think this could be a very fun game mode, but that's just my opinion.

....This mode would never work PERIOD.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:48 am »

^ I like this guy, lol

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 03:01:45 am »

....This mode would never work PERIOD.
Okay. :P
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up