GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:58:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [Beta 4.0] bugs & issues list  (Read 6337 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
[Beta 4.0] bugs & issues list
« on: February 20, 2010, 05:03:40 am »

Bugs are red, issues are yellow, Addressed are green, Fixed are green and striked out..

Weapon bugs:

- Sometimes Explosives, Grenade Launcher & Rockets don't seem to register as favourite weapon and appear as 'none' KM: This happens sometimes, has to do with server -> client comms not the weapons themselves or the stats system

Map bugs:

Aztec:
- Suffers very bad framerates around the launching bay area (lower than any fps I've had outside on runway in 3.1)
- Is far too large and feels quite empty even with 20+ players

Egyptian:
- in CTK the golden-gun room is often inpenetrable (it only has one entrance whereas the obelisk area has 3 entrances. Causes very unbalanced gameplay)

Silo:
 - Elevator is very easily broken by simple usage
 - Certain doors can be desynchronised and become impassable even when open (door model open whilst brush closed + vise versa).
- In TDM and other team games, the upper spawn room is very vulnerable to spawn campers.

Various:
- Weapon spawns placed in unreachable places/inside brushes/under the floor (Facility_Classic, Aztec, Basement)

Gameplay bugs:

Capture The Key:
 - Objective icons on the radar like the key, case and capture points aswell as nearby players disappear completely from the radar leaving it completely blank or only displaying teammates (happened on Egyptian, there was a dev in game who had the same thing, possibly related to your position in the world since it happened to me two or three times on the stairs going between the obelisk and basement, possibly related to world position on the Z axis)

- Players with carrier icons on radar when they are not carrying (possibly from switching teams when they are a carrier or from being a carrier when the previous round ended - screenshot)

Gun Game:
- Timer is frozen (displayed when it shouldn't be)  KM: This will make it in 4.1, client fixes are pushed to then
- Hard to identify winner through lack of scores and prompt ending KM: Fixed 4.0.2

Live And Let Die:
- Is too often played as MWGG by everyone except for the Baron
- Description is too brief for new players to grasp KM: The wiki will be updated soon with a better description

You Only Live Twice:

- 'Press Start' is displayed when you are dead even though you cannot respawn (should be changed / hidden in this instance) KM: Not gonna change

Misc:

- Spectator flashlight bug still exists

- Client sometimes crashes when joining a server (possibly whilst already connected to another, seems to crash when loading the map) KM: This is a valve bug, most likely the ingame overlay causing the crash. Send me MDMPs (upload and PM them to me) to confirm

- Initial startup screen/video does not fit 4:3 aspect ratio (overlaps far over the edges of the screen) KM: Nothing we can do about it...

- In some instances Female Scientist's pony tail sticks straight upwards and flickers/stretches KM: This is the product of shittastic jigglebone code made by valve

I'll keep this updated if I find more... I guess.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 05:55:21 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
Re: [Beta 4.0] bugs & issues list
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 07:16:30 am »

I got stucked with a grenade trhown to me 2 times when i was close to the wall, i just had to wait to it explodes...

frame rate decreased so awful, I had a decent frameRate on beta3, and my rez was in 800x600

now i got forced to decrease it to 600x400

when the server map is caverns, I just cant play it :(
nobody has monsters PCs T_T

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 08:41:09 am »

This may be more of a load out issue but at least once the ammo that is in the spot for certain weapons does not match the gun it is with. does not happen with every load out for that possition. Specifically remember it with was the AR33 in the silo.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 12:58:31 pm »

Nice bug hunting mangley. I know a lot of those may appear as bugs but they aren't (such as frozen timer in Gun Game, that is by design because rounds are disabled). Also favorite weapon most definitely includes the explosive weapons, sometimes if your round report shows before you receive the update from the server the favorite weapon remains at None (this is a known bug).

Client crashes between map changes is caused by a a Valve bug in their VGUI system. It happened to our testers a couple times and the debug output was in their VGUI dll.... Please post your MDMP files here so i can debug the crash. (located in ".../steamapps/[STEAMNAME]/Source SDK Base 2007/*.mdmp"

I will be releasing an update after the weekend that addresses a few gameplay issues we have seen.

@cyan - That is not a bug, that is the level designer not combing the proper ammo spawn with the weapon spawn
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 01:01:45 pm by killermonkey »

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 06:20:06 pm »

That radar issue always happend when picking up the AuG.

I got a feeling that the radius around the player that is displayed on the radar gets shrinked. I thought it was intended lol xD

Some cosmetic bug: the blood screen when dying sometimes doesn't completely cover the entire screen width. What I mean by that is that once the blood is about at 2/3th of the screen size in heigth, in some cases there is a split second where at 1/3th of the height at the left side of the screen the blood appears to be animated as as flowing a bit to the right and flowing back again.

I had the view percentage at lowest in the options menu. This was on a GeForce 8800 I believe...

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 06:32:31 pm »

frame rate decreased so awful, I had a decent frameRate on beta3, and my rez was in 800x600

now i got forced to decrease it to 600x400

when the server map is caverns, I just cant play it :(
nobody has monsters PCs T_T

Damn dude, how old is your computer? A 5 year old 6600 gt graphics card can still play hl2 at 1024x768 at 60fps, you don't need a monster computer.  There's no way we can make the game look good if we are trying to design for cards that are older than that.  There's got to be a minimum spec somewhere. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 07:34:24 pm »

Blood screen has 4 different animations on it, one left, one right, and two centered ones that are chosen at random to play. This is by design.

Now if what you meant was that it didn't cover the full screen (border was showing or something) then thats something different, what resolution are we talking about here.

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 10:15:53 pm »

Added some more to the list and made some amendments.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 10:47:32 pm »

I am going to strike out the ones that will be fixed in Beta 4.0.2 and write a comment next to the ones that are misclassified or are OPINIONS and not bugs

DONE
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:54:38 pm by killermonkey »

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 01:16:50 am »

Ok, great  :)  I made the Capture the key radar bug more specific for you.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 02:07:47 am »

Ok thats not a bug. You can be dropped from the radar if you are too far away in the z-direction...

Gordon228

• Agent
  • Gordon228 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 03:01:28 am »

when playing online i had a bug well everyone on the server and it was with LTK well i could call it death match with the killer and you with how you where killed hl stats thing saying one shot kill

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 03:21:29 am »

its fixed in an update coming out tomorrow morning. Select servers already have the update running. Clients don't need to do anything.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 03:44:21 am »

Are you going to fix the flag in living daylight ?

Sometime, in First person view, it all screw up.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 04:24:29 am »

Jiggle bones need to be recoded, Valve completely failed at coding them properly...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up