GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 05:55:56 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapon set refresh  (Read 5733 times)

mr9v9

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mr9v9 has no influence.
Weapon set refresh
« on: February 08, 2015, 05:17:32 am »

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I run a custom server and will execute a .cfg that includes change to the weapon set. In this case it would be
Code: [Select]
ge_weaponset Lasers
The problem i run into is it stays in this mode even though the map has changed, or game mode has changed. So I use
ge_weaponset random_loadout
because it's the only one I know that works to "correct" the issue.
Am I going about this all wrong? is there a better way to execute a custom loadout and have it go back to a default set?
Any help and ideas are welcome, I run sourcemod so other types of scripting are an option.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 05:55:05 am by mr9v9 »

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
Re: Weapon set refresh
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 05:45:01 am »

That is the way you're supposed to go about this.

mr9v9

• Agent
  • mr9v9 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 05:54:03 am »

That is the way you're supposed to go about this.
You mean the default mode is ge_weaponset random_loadout?
I could have sworn there are other ways...

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:13:33 am »

Then you swore wrong.

ATTAKowl

• Agent
  • ATTAKowl has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 06:58:24 am »

Is there a way to have the game automatically select random weapon sets from only the custom sets folder every time a new round begins, and leave out the default sets? And then to automatically proceed to cycle those random custom sets after a round that I have manually changed the weapon set? My script-fu is not so good.

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 06:09:59 pm »

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I run a custom server and will execute a .cfg that includes change to the weapon set. In this case it would be
ge_weaponset Lasers
The problem i run into is it stays in this mode even though the map has changed, or game mode has changed. So I use
ge_weaponset random_loadout
because it's the only one I know that works to "correct" the issue.
Am I going about this all wrong? is there a better way to execute a custom loadout and have it go back to a default set?
Any help and ideas are welcome, I run sourcemod so other types of scripting are an option.
Thanks!

If you change the weapon set in the current map, it will stay that set throughout the whole map.  If you want it to go back to a random loadout when the map has changed, just add ge_weaponset random_loadout to your server.cfg.

Is there a way to have the game automatically select random weapon sets from only the custom sets folder every time a new round begins, and leave out the default sets? And then to automatically proceed to cycle those random custom sets after a round that I have manually changed the weapon set? My script-fu is not so good.

You can only use defined weapon sets based on the game mode.  You can't have it pick custom sets the first round and then a random_loadout the next.
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.
Pages: [1]   Go Up