GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 06:09:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You So Much  (Read 4256 times)

NinjaFox009

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • NinjaFox009 has no influence.
Thank You So Much
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:18:16 am »

I can't say thank you enough to everyone who worked so hard on this game.  The work paid off big time!  This game is a freaking master peace.  If this game was a retail game I'd buy it with out a doubt.  I'm not gonna ramble on and on about other fps and why most of them fail in my eyes, I will just say that the maps in this game (new and classic) should be a model to devs that want to make good fps maps.  I love every map in this game.  All the places to hide and the secret passages, its so much fun!  I hate how most fps are all about running and gunning with all open areas and no place to kinda pause and plan out your moves.  This game is for people who want some fun strategy and intensity in there fps.  Well done guys.  To me the game is 99% complete no need for anything else other then bots and all the bonds (including daniel craig)  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Thank You So Much
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 02:45:12 am »

To me the game is 99% complete no need for anything else other then bots

Damn that 1% is like 90% of the work ;-)

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:05:48 am »

We appreciate it!

And your mission is to tell everyone you know, and convince them petty excuses like "needs more servers" or "needs more players" is weak and womanly claims, and they should harden up and join you for a daily serving of GE:S pwnage.

:D

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 08:04:19 pm »

Hahaha  :D Isn't that the job for PR?  ;D

NinjaFox009

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 10:42:26 pm »

Damn that 1% is like 90% of the work ;-)
Oh wow!  It's that much work for bots? lol ....  Well I will make a deal with you.  Keep this game as is, don't nerf it or turn it into "Call Of Duty GoldenEye" and there will never be a need for bots as far as I see it.  ;)  (this is the ultimate version)

NinjaFox009

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 10:48:55 pm »

We appreciate it!

And your mission is to tell everyone you know, and convince them petty excuses like "needs more servers" or "needs more players" is weak and womanly claims, and they should harden up and join you for a daily serving of GE:S pwnage.

:D
I accept that mission with pride.  This game is well worth all the promotion it can get.  I don't know if you're familiar with the "All Games Network" it's a site that host a bunch of video game podcast shows.  A handful of the shows are live.  I really think this game is worth being talked about on one of there live shows.  If anyone on your team is up for an interview about the game I can see if I can get one of the shows to have them on.  I can't guarantee anything (we live in a world of some lazy ass gamers) but I can try.  :angel: 

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 05:09:58 pm »

Get in touch with me via our official PR email

wake@goldeneyesource.net with the details of their site like contact and examples of other games... what have you.

I will follow up on trying to organizing it officially, and if you do some inquiring they will understand fans are interested, too.

Would be good stuff.

Jackred

• Agent
  • Jackred has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 03:53:51 pm »

Thanks you guys for making such a great mod in fact I think the multiplayer is better than the original game which both EA and Activision are trying to best to this day.

I really like the direction they are going with it and I can't wait to see what's going to be included for the next version.

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 08:27:33 pm »

How come it's such a big task to create bots when there's already AI in the game.

I think I just answered my own Question there. You obviously can't use Valve's code. Sorry bout that.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 08:29:39 pm by markpeterjameslegg »

arturok1992

• Secret Agent
  • arturok1992 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 01:37:50 am »

This made my day :).

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 11:25:19 am »

This made my day :).

Yeah, cos I'm such a Dumbass, lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up