GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 24, 2024, 03:11:47 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Player Impressions  (Read 3808 times)

HardcoreMango

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • HardcoreMango has no influence.
New Player Impressions
« on: December 18, 2010, 05:56:38 am »

Let me first start off by saying: Wow!

I just started playing yesterday, and love it so far. The graphics are better than I expected, as well as sounds and music.

Although here is what I noticed:
The auto-switch is weird. Such as, it seems to switch to guns, that aren't better. If you have the klobb, you pick up the PP7, it auto-switches to that. Wouldn't you rather have an automatic weapon over a single shot?

Hit registering and/or damage. If I shoot at someone with the klobb 10-15 feet away, and run the full 20 rounds, it hits maybe 2-3 times and don't die, yet, if they shoot at me with the klobb, I die in 2-3 hits, I've noticed this several times. Both were at full health as we both just spawned. I had 20-30 latency and they were at around 70-90. I've had this happen several times, I figured it was from me shooting ahead of them (TF2 habit) so I tried shooting directly AT them, didn't help. Some situations I'd end up winning, other times, they would, but in the end, it seems as if damage is random.

Spawning. Can we get a spawn shield? I saw in the Wiki where you get a 3 second invul when you spawn, but I haven't witnessed this. I stood still when I spawned, and still died.

License to Kill. No radar, it'd be more exciting if you had a radar. It was fun at first on a smaller server, but once I got into a BIG sever, it was almost annoying with no radar. Not to mention the campers, even if radar came on to identify a camper and ONLY the camper.

This is probably nit-picking, but this is the "Impressions & Feedback" section, so figured, why not.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 06:13:56 am by HardcoreMango »

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: New Player Impressions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 06:12:26 am »

Although here is what I noticed:
The auto-switch is weird. Such as, it seems to switch to guns, that aren't better. If you have the klobb, you pick up the PP7, it auto-switches to that. Wouldn't you rather have an automatic weapon over a single shot?

Hit registering and/or damage. If I shoot at someone with the klobb 10-15 feet away, and run the full 20 rounds, it hits maybe 2-3 times and don't die, yet, if they shoot at me with the klobb, I die in 2-3 hits, I've noticed this several times. Both were at full health as we both just spawned. I had 20-30 latency and they were at around 70-90. I've had this happen several times, I figured it was from me shooting ahead of them (TF2 habit) so I tried shooting directly AT them, didn't help. Some situations I'd end up winning, other times, they would, but in the end, it seems as if damage is random.

That's because you don't know how sucky the klobb is :P
The PP7 is good if you know how to pick headshots correctly.

As for the hit registery, Its kind of bugged, But its normal.
Just keep practicing, I know playing for the first time with good players might be frustrating, But don't give up!
When you get the hang of it, It is a really fun FPS to play.

HardcoreMango

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 06:17:34 am »

That's because you don't know how sucky the klobb is :P
The PP7 is good if you know how to pick headshots correctly.

As for the hit registery, Its kind of bugged, But its normal.
Just keep practicing, I know playing for the first time with good players might be frustrating, But don't give up!
When you get the hang of it, It is a really fun FPS to play.
Even then, headshots are weird. It seems it's random (I know it's been said that headshots aren't one shot one kill like other games) but I've shot at guys heads, done 5 rounds into them, didn't die, and ended up dying from being headshotted, aggravating.

Although, am quite proud of this:

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 09:32:13 am »

You can turn off the auto pickup in options. And yes Klobb is worst weapon in game, even behind knife.

You do get 3 seconds of inv. spawn. But once you shoot you loose it, AND your first shot doesn't count if your still in inv. time.

LTK No-Radar is a server setting. Servers set whether radar is shown or not.

But good suggestions, keep em' coming. Always helps, and if we see the same suggestion pop up a lot, then we know that needs work. Thanks, See ya ingame.

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Seiya

• WNxJúlioCésar
  • Agent
  • Seiya has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 01:29:37 pm »

Well, the invulnerability period seems to have never worked on Beta 4 indeed (I didn't shoot), or are Golden Gun and LTK able to break the invulnerability? Don't know how it is now in 4.1 though...

Entropy-Soldier

• Managing Director
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 372
  • Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!Entropy-Soldier is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 01:49:40 pm »

I know it protects from explosions, so if you don't panic you can't get killed by a proxy mine at spawn.  Other than that, i get killed as i spawn in LTK all the time so i can't testify to it's function elsewhere.
"By reading this, you’ve done more than you can imagine." - Adrian

HardcoreMango

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 05:50:39 pm »

You can turn off the auto pickup in options. And yes Klobb is worst weapon in game, even behind knife.
I like the klobb  :(

You do get 3 seconds of inv. spawn. But once you shoot you loose it, AND your first shot doesn't count if your still in inv. time.
I don't know if this is a server setting or not, but there were times when I stood still and did nothing, and within 1-2 seconds of spawning I was dead.

LTK No-Radar is a server setting. Servers set whether radar is shown or not.
Ah, ok. I did not know this, sorry  :(

But good suggestions, keep em' coming. Always helps, and if we see the same suggestion pop up a lot, then we know that needs work. Thanks, See ya ingame.
Hope to see ya in game as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up