GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 03:50:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yet another server questions thread  (Read 3953 times)

BoneZ

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • BoneZ has no influence.
Yet another server questions thread
« on: November 14, 2010, 05:19:06 pm »

Hey, everyone. Got a few questions about running a dedicated server:

I have a dedicated server running on a dedicated box in my house, yet it doesn't show up in the servers list. The TCP and UDP ports are forwarded. Windows firewall on the dedicated box is disabled. There is also no antivirus either.

I tried typing in the "sv_lan 0" and "changelevel ge_archives" in the console on the dedicated server and it still doesn't show up in the server list.

Further, is there a server config that has ALL of the server settings? I notice that if you run a server from the client, there are many options to choose from, but when running a dedicated, those options aren't available. I'd like to be able to set what gametype can be played.

Also, any idea why I can't get the console to come up in game?

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 07:31:59 pm by BoneZ »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Yet another server questions thread
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 07:06:43 pm »

Go to options>keyboard>advanced and check enable developer console.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

BoneZ

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 07:31:35 pm »

Go to options>keyboard>advanced and check enable developer console.
Thanks.

My server now does show up on the LAN, but even with me being joined, it's still not showing up in the server list.

Would also like a server config with more gametype options like the client server setup has.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 07:36:31 pm »

You know you've gotta notify the master server that your server is up and running. To do this you usually use the command "heartbeat" (just without "). When you do this, change the map and it should be visible. (if sv_lan 0)

BoneZ

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 08:12:53 pm »

Did that and still nothing. I wonder if it has to do with me looking for my own IP address in the server list? Since that may be the case, my own IP address may not be showing up in the list to me?

How about server config files to change game types? Anyone?

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 11:55:26 pm »

How about server config files to change game types? Anyone?

Its been a while since I've worked on servers, but look for a gameplaycycle text file, should be in the same area as the mapcycle file. More advanced cfg's can be changed around in the server.cfg file. I highly recommend that you read up on the Beta 4 release Documentation under "Server Variables and Commands" found here: http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta_4_Release_Documentation about 3/4 way down the page. If you need help setting up a plugin or mod feel free to shoot me a PM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up