GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:14:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allowing map downloads from server?  (Read 6513 times)

herpdesk

Allowing map downloads from server?
« on: July 17, 2010, 02:28:03 pm »

I have a linux GES 4.02 server set up that I can't figure out how to allow map downloads on. server.cfg has sv_allowdownload set to 1 but still whenever a custom map comes up in the rotation I get the error "Missing map maps/ge_bunker_kraid.bsp,  disconnecting" or similar. Is there something else I need to set?

mookie

• Idiot
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • mookie is looked down upon.
Re: Allowing map downloads from server?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 04:02:15 pm »

Check net_maxfilesize, maybe the map's too big. ge_bunker_kraid is about 39MB, and default for net_maxfilesize is 16 (MB).
5 2 3 7 1 4 6 0

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 07:27:03 pm »

Not sure if you covered this already, but based on your post, you will additionally want to create an LST file for any custom maps you have on your server and place it in the DownloadLists folder when you're wanting players to download maps straight from the game server itself. 

If you have a separate website ftp that can host some of these custom maps, you wont need LST files anymore, but instead just put sv_downloadurl "http://herpdesk.com/gesource/" into the server.cfg (thanks major).

That's all I can think of for now.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:12:16 am »

Also try to use .bz2 (zip format supported by valve) for the download from the ftp.
That way the map download size is only 15,4 MB instead of nearly 40 MB.
It'll unzip automatically on the client PC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up