GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:14:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird error occurs in GES Beta 4 for me  (Read 11323 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Weird error occurs in GES Beta 4 for me
« on: March 05, 2010, 05:38:40 am »

Freaking error appeared twice in on week while playing GES B4

I never had any errors in the previous betas. This one happened after I installed Beta 4. I have done a format  recently and then installed Beta 4, so steam is installed freshly.

says memory cant be read.... hmmm maybe its my shitty pc? well I just bought a WD Caviar black 1TB and its error free. Any thoughts or tips?

Im gonna do a memory test using Memtest86. Will post back results.

Thanks and as always you guys are the best.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 05:40:12 am by osaeed2k9 »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Weird error occurs in GES Beta 4 for me
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 07:01:26 am »

This is a crash. You need to look in your: [PATH_TO_STEAM]\steamapps\[SteamName]\Source SDK Base 2007\ for files that end in .mdmp

Zip up all the files you find and post them here so I can see where the crash was.

There have been a lot of crashes in Valve's code recently, I think they updated something that is causing intermittent FAIL (as usual)...

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:11:37 am »

Speaking of valve, How many servers do other people see? I only see 30 refreshing, the other day it was 50

Right now i can only see OWS and official servers in my favourites list. Valve grrrrrrrrr :\

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:50:24 am »

Ya, I see a lot of servers missing in my list, even ones I know to be up and running.  I haven't been able to see any OWS servers, and WNx Chicago these past 2 days.  I only got 20-24 showing up when I refreshed throughout today.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:31:20 am »

Short answer, valve sucks, honestly all these steam updates are fucking with our shit AGAIN.

Listen, if this is happening to many others, i have a plan to make a little page on gesource.org to display ALL the servers one by one and list their IP. This way ppl can add every server they like to their favourites as the favourites list is not in any way broken.

Also here is a tip. Use HISTORY tab and filter the "game" to beta4. That should give you a list of every server for GES youve ever been in.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:35:13 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

czarofthefrozentundra

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • czarofthefrozentundra has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:04:55 pm »

Ahh, if anyone has been following my server problem thread, you would have read that this threw me off yesterday, as my server was running but not visible.  People had to connect via my public IP.  I was lucky to even figure it out as I had added my own listen server to my favorites list, which, like was already mentioned, had no problem.

I have also been getting more crashes than normal (had maybe 3-4 just last night).  I'll see if I can post my log files.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 12:34:59 pm »

WTF? i just launched the server browser and had 50 servers, after hitting refresh, there are only 30 left.
Restarted steam, now i see 37 servers.

Please Valve, not again!!!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 01:08:30 pm »

Yeah, it's all trippy...

First servers crash, from what seemed to be a gamecache.dll error(valve code), and wouldn't be to bad if only the servers reboot, but nope they stay down till hand rebooted.

And noW can't tell 20% of the time if there down or just no showing on list...
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kratos

• Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 08:19:54 pm »

This is a crash. You need to look in your: [PATH_TO_STEAM]\steamapps\[SteamName]\Source SDK Base 2007\ for files that end in .mdmp

Zip up all the files you find and post them here so I can see where the crash was.

There have been a lot of crashes in Valve's code recently, I think they updated something that is causing intermittent FAIL (as usual)...

Thanks. I sent the .rar file to ya through PM. Too bad I dont have visual studio and neither any knowledge about how to investigate dump files. Im a noob.

I did a Memory test using memtest86 and left it all night. Woke up and did 10 passes and no errors. So my memory is working great.

Im also going to do a video card memory test just to see how my vid card is doing.

Thanks for your support.

Kratos

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 08:21:07 pm »

WTF? i just launched the server browser and had 50 servers, after hitting refresh, there are only 30 left.
Restarted steam, now i see 37 servers.

Please Valve, not again!!!

I had only 10 servers on my end. Shitty Valve.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 08:56:42 pm »

FUCKING VALVE ALWAYS FUCKS US HARD! JESUS H. CRIST! WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DO THAT

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Kratos

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 10:59:07 pm »

FUCKING VALVE ALWAYS FUCKS US HARD! JESUS H. CRIST! WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DO THAT

(pats on back) calm down valve will fix it I hope. ;D

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 11:21:07 pm »

At least they arnt nvidia and breaking your hardware.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Kratos

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 05:53:04 am »

At least they arnt nvidia and breaking your hardware.

Nvidia is a great company. It was a mistake what happened. Look at ATI a years ago, their drivers were a piece of shit. My pc would be hanging, restarting, blue ass screens, etc.

Nvidia drivers didnt have a single issue when I got my first Geforce MX440 back then.

Still today I love Nvidia. I still use the 7600GT and love it, until it got memory errors today which broke my heart. :'(

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 08:04:44 pm »

Damn valves. Someone needs to put some duct tape on that shit.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up