GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 09:45:35 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [suggestion] Doors  (Read 3275 times)

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
[suggestion] Doors
« on: February 24, 2010, 05:44:35 pm »

I thought KM said a long time ago (a little after the release of beta 3) that doors could open and close like in GE64.

When a door is partialy open, it could be closed again. You know what I mean.

Has this been scrapped? I'd love to see that in beta 4 but sadly it wasn't there :(

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: [suggestion] Doors
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:50:00 pm »

I do believe that's up to the mapper. If not, then I forgot to code it in

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:54:54 pm »

oh, the door interrupt so you can close it behind you.. ya we don't have support for that yet.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 06:43:05 pm »

Would be nice.  :)
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 06:56:13 pm »

some doors push you like the ones in facilty classic in the toilets, they open outwards.
Some double doors on archives are strange, one opens away from you but the other opens towards you.

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 07:46:42 pm »

Cavern blast doors please!  Atleast so I have a little sense of security...though, won't last long but hey, it's worth a shot.  Also, with Caverns, the spawn area that you spawn by all those computers and stuff in the original had ALOT of explosives, should really do that too, cuase again nothing like spawning there and going, "son of a bitch, I'm fucked"

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 08:00:25 pm »

Cavern blast doors please!  Atleast so I have a little sense of security...though, won't last long but hey, it's worth a shot.  Also, with Caverns, the spawn area that you spawn by all those computers and stuff in the original had ALOT of explosives, should really do that too, cuase again nothing like spawning there and going, "son of a bitch, I'm fucked"
Yeah, but I was reffering to the opening and closing 'animation'. Where in GE64 you could interupt the opening and closing and reverse it ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up