GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:41:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Caverns Frontzone?  (Read 13047 times)

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: Caverns Frontzone?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 07:44:36 am »

I guess that could be done with some awesome planning. :)
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 09:35:20 am »

Yup, I can do it way better

dont mess with perfection..the only thing i would reccomend is to change the end of the runway to a large cliff edge and maybe make the sky a bit darker (like in the film/game) because it just looks really well...undescriable and odd that there isnt a deep chasm

GamerXYZ

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • GamerXYZ has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 01:10:02 am »

Would like to see the frontzone as well. The spiraling part is easily fixed by just connecting the frontzone and the backzone directly. Or by having a path go directly to both doors, with the spiralling section staying in there for... reasons (like a few weapon/ammo spawns).

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 08:29:44 pm »

While doable; what's the point in FZ MP? I mean there's already the Caves map, so who's going to ever choose FZ?

That hard work could easily be spend on the amazing Frigate map.

Just saying...

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 11:36:30 pm »

It will be created IF we decide on the single player route. I believe we will, but that is not a decision or task, that I can achieve alone.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 01:49:33 am »

Exactly. The team have so many other multiplayer maps to do, so I think this frontzone can wait.

Good for the discussion though :)
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 02:40:25 am »

Exactly! I am very glad to see that the community is still very hungry :)

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 02:36:27 pm »

Exactly! I am very glad to see that the community is still very hungry :)
LTK on Statue Park, CtK on Frigate and Deutche DM on Depot OMGGzzzz!!!11111 one one eleven

Seriously can't wait for that shit!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:08:29 pm by Mangley »

GamerXYZ

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • GamerXYZ has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 07:53:30 pm »

Say, talking about Frigate: how would Carver's stealth boat from the PSX game Tomorrow Never Dies be?

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 09:42:01 pm »

Say, talking about Frigate: how would Carver's stealth boat from the PSX game Tomorrow Never Dies be?
Realy? That was the one at the end of the game, where you needed to escape with if I remember correctly...

That has nothing to do with GoldenEye... Maybe custom map?

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 09:50:37 pm »

That would be a 3rd party map. But it would be pretty awesome to see here. *HINT HINT* :P

LTK on Statue Park, CtK on Frigate and Deutche DM on Depot OMGGzzzz!!!11111 one one eleven

Seriously can't wait for that shit!

As for Depot. You will be very surprised, soon ;)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 10:10:01 pm »

I think statue park would be one of the hardest maps to create. so many new models needed. and in my memories it was way too confusing
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 10:23:52 pm »

I think statue park would be one of the hardest maps to create. so many new models needed. and in my memories it was way too confusing
It is indeed confusing. I alway thought it wasn't linear, untill I found this layout: http://faqs.neoseeker.com/Games/N64/goldeneye_level_10.gif

And that would be an insane amount of models, yes :o

As for Depot. You will be very surprised, soon ;-)
Ahw yeah!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:52:44 pm by V!NCENT »

terps4life90

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 05:21:03 am »

You could just connect the whole thing.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up