GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 10:09:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: launch problem(launches sdk)  (Read 4278 times)

dq200

launch problem(launches sdk)
« on: February 27, 2010, 09:32:51 pm »

So i just downloaded GE:S , i was very excited then when i went to launch it , it opened the orange box sdk 2007 .. Can someone help me because i realllllyyy want to play this game :)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: launch problem(launches sdk)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:01:37 am »

I am trying to understand what you mean, so if I am wrong, I am sorry. Anyways, you need to install goldeneye source to your "steam/steamapps/sourcemods" folder in order for the game to pop up in the my games list in steam. The installer should default and install to that directory, but check it during the installation to make sure that it does.

After you install the mod in that directory, be sure to go to your "tools" tab in steam and be sure that "source sdk base- Orange box" is installed (which is sounds like it is).

RESTART STEAM by closing it totally (not just in the taskbar)

Restart and you should see a game called "Goldeneye: Source Beta 4" in your my games list.

You should be good to go now. For more information about installation please refer to the wiki page below. :) Good luck.

http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Install_Beta_3

By the way Fergie, some of the installation guide needs to be updated for Beta 4 (Gamemodes and a few other things)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 02:04:01 am by CCsaint10 [bklax23] »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

dq200

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 04:02:09 am »

Yea i figured it out , i just had to restart steam :/ , Great mod guyss <3 it .

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:01:40 pm »

glad you figured it out man. :) Look forward to fraggin ya in game. :D

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up