GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 05:15:58 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Various issues...  (Read 4916 times)

The Beatles pwn j00!

Various issues...
« on: February 07, 2009, 08:25:58 pm »

This version is much better! Much, much better! But here are a few things (which you all probably know about already, I would assume :)):

1. Bug for "You Only Live Twice" mode, where people won't spawn, and even if there is one person left it just keeps going, so that person needs to kill himself. Something like that.

2. You get stuttered and snagged on stuff quite a bit. Such as going up ramps.

3. The hit detection might be really meh. At least for slappers and hunting knives. It's just awkward.

4. This isn't really your problem, but who in their right mind would have 20/25/30 slot servers? Come on. These maps weren't designed for that kind of mayhem (especially on LTK). I say 8 - 12 slots. 15 MAX! Just too many people!

5. Perhaps some weapon balance issues. But I don't know yet. This is just too many f'n people for GoldenEye.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:12:30 pm by The Beatles pwn j00! »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Just some stuff that bugs me...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 08:36:23 pm »

First, no fog on cradle. It would take the fun of the map. It is delicious to take down a sniper with your PP7.

Hitreg is MUCH better in this version, and it is normal that there might be some bugs; it is still a Beta.

Never played YOLT, so can't give you feedback on that.

The server slots are up to the people who host them. I agree with you; it is a mess with 20~30 players, specially LTK. The number you specified seems to be the most adequate, and it lowers in smaller maps.

weapon balancing is also up to the servers; they can leave the ones that come by default, but they normally change them. It is a serious problem if the weapons aren't balanced, but what can we do about that? it is only up to the admins, so I suggest you talk to one if you disagree with anything on his server; that way you can give him feedback on his server and the way he runs it. You may be able to change something that way.

Hope this helped, The Beatles pwn j00! .

Best regards,

PPK

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 08:51:04 pm »

Ugh. I hate people who change the default damages. So lame. Not to mention confusing.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:20:56 pm »

There is no way they can change the default damages without knowing the super secret code. Just try aiming, it works, trust me

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:50:43 pm »

You need to learn GoldenEye: Source again, for the PC. Just give it time, the weapon balancing was tested to high heaven based on very reliable figures that line up directly to the n64 creation.

As for the server thing, join an 8 max server if that is your preference (there are at least 6 right now empty) so its not like we or the server community is neglecting goldeneye. Please respect other of our fans and players might like a 20 man server to play on. The maps can actually handle it. It was even discovered on our first night that basement_classic is fun with 16, an absurd amount of fun. Emphasis on absurd.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:55:00 pm »

Well the devs can limit the players if they want to unless they already have and the sever admins modified the server dll's?.  for example..The max players for HL2DM is 16 but if you modify the server .dll you can up this to what ever you want.
If you do have 32 players you better make sure your server is
A: powerfull enough to handle it.
B: Increase sv_maxrate to ensure a choke fre game.
C: Connection can handle that amount of players.

Nearly all the 20+ server I have ben on I have had upwards of 30 chokes even with default cl_updaterate :(
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 09:57:18 pm by keefy »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 09:59:49 pm »

We will never limit the playercount, that is not our right. We will only educate servers and leave it up to them to take our advice or not.

I agree though only quad cores should be running 32 man servers. Talk to your providers before making your limits that high. 16 is a better solution for most gameservers you purchase :)

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
Re: Various issues...
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 10:37:43 pm »

Well I believe there is a hard coded limit of 32 players, plus the scoreboard will only hold that many names. 
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 09:34:17 am »

Some minor graphical annoyances:

1. The hat thing.

2. When spectating, people's bullet trails come from their crotch.  :-\

Oh, and telefragging, or whatever the term is for lame ass deaths caused by someone spawning on you. Very annoying on YOLT.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 10:16:38 am »

1. The hat thing.

2. When spectating, people's bullet trails come from their crotch.  :-\

What hat thing?

Bullet tracers coming from the crotch is normal; it happens to me aswell. Once lost my pants on the account of that... :P ;D ;)

Maybe it's some graphical glitch, but nothing that can severely affect gameplay. It will probably be corrected in the next release or with some sort of patch the devs might come up with.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 06:03:04 pm »

Spectate even in valves own games has always been dodgy things do not appear to line up properly also there is no lag compensation because it's server side so shots that look like a miss actually hit.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 07:03:00 pm »

Yeah since we dont have valves source code at our disposal Killermonkey cannot remake the way stuff gets drawn in spectate view, only modify slightly I believe. The fact we have tracers unlike most games makes it more apparent. We will definitely try to address some of that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up