GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 07:54:41 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some People Can Even Make Me Forget My Polite Upbringing.  (Read 4608 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Some People Can Even Make Me Forget My Polite Upbringing.
« on: February 12, 2011, 07:23:40 pm »

@mcmike1942 Nintendo says fuck you right back. It's coming exclusively to the Wii. Goldeneye was a game for Nintendo, and it will stay on Nintendo.

Hate to disappoint you (Well actually, no I don't), but it's a fact that the crappy Wii multi-player severely pales in comparison to Goldeneye Source and the original for that matter (Which Goldeneye Source perfectly re-creates). Maybe you should try it before you slam it numb nuts.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
Re: Some People Can Even Make Me Forget My Polite Upbringing.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »

HAHA,  they thought it was XBOX!

I remember the spinning weapon phase we had..  I never liked it.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 10:01:57 pm »

This link hurts my eyes. :(
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 10:47:01 pm »

Not only XBOX, but Beta 1 footage uploaded in 2010? So much fail in one video.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 09:11:31 am »

Apparently the HD version of Goldeneye 64 was set to be released before Perfect Dark HD, the game was 100% complete and ready for mass producing, but then Nintendo and Activision wanted to make a change to the contract at the last minute which meant that the Xbox only got the single player, their concern was that it would be much more popular on Xbox thus making the Xbox more popular than their own console, not to mention making Rare and Microsoft more money out of the deal. I can't believe Nintendo did this, I think it was selfish to deny possibly hundred's of thousand's of past N64 owners and Nintendo fans the best game they ever played over such petty crap. I for one must have made Nintendo a fortune over the years, not just me but my family as well. My opinion of Nintendo now is low, I would have expected this kind of thing from Microsoft, but not from them.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 09:54:49 am »

In the end each of them are companies who try to make profit.
Not sure what exactly happened between Nintendo, M$, Activision, MGM/Eon and maybe even Sony as the new James Bond Movie licence holder, but i'm sure it was all about the money and how to share it.

I doubt Goldeneye XBLA was finished, all the video footage shown was at least a bit buggy (e.g. missing heads). Only the PR screenshots looked perfect (they always do, right?).

As for the new Wii game named Goldeneye, i'd say it's not even a bad game, but it makes this one big mistake, it claims to be Goldeneye, which it is not.
If they'd made this game as a new Bond game (since they rewrote the story etc. anyway) it would have been a very good game and my 2nd favorite Bond game.
But since they named it Goldeneye, all the stuff like regenerating health (except 007 classic mode), CoD style Multiplayer with rank and skill system or huge changes in maps, story and characters became a big minus.

Also i cannot understand why you are not rewarded for good playing in SP.
There's nothing to earn from time trials or beating the game on higher difficulty.
So many missed oportunities.

Instead they are ruining multiplayer with their rank and skill system.
Who ever thought it would be a good idea to have upgradeable weapons and skills in a online multiplayer game should be skinned alive.
The only effect is making the matches uneven by giving more experienced players even more power.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 10:37:15 am »

Funny thing is, Nintendo would have been better off going ahead with the HD release of Goldeneye 64, they kind of shot themselves in the foot and alienated many of their fans in the process.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 01:21:29 pm »

I can't believe Nintendo did this, I think it was selfish to deny possibly hundred's of thousand's of past N64 owners and Nintendo fans the best game they ever played over such petty crap.

Do you think hundreds of millions of dollars is petty crap? This is not your backyard picnic anymore. Video game companies move more money then some main staples in society these days like Macys and other huge stores. There is nothing petty about locking out your MAJOR competition from one of the jewels of your nostalgia fleet.

In my opinion, letting XBOX takes goldeneye would be like them also releasing a remake of ocarina of time. I mean come on, GE64 defined the N64...

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:58 am »

Honestly i hate the new Goldeneye wii so much (the only good bits were there was a hotter nataylia and the title credits- except when Nicole was singing the high notes of Goldeneye my eardrums nearly burst)

Its a shame that Goldeneye XBLA wont ever be released..i mean i saw the actual gameplay video and it looks great:
And they even had Pierces likeness!

Still im really greatful to have GE Source instead..

Jackred

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jackred has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 07:59:33 pm »

Honestly Nintendo is really losing my respect lately.

I remember hearing about that and I think they are very selfish to do that to a lot of fans.

At least these guys made GoldenEye: Source which still to this day isn't completed yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up