GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:03:55 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [USER SETTINGS] Crashing after round end? D:  (Read 6301 times)

Windeh!

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Windeh! has no influence.
[USER SETTINGS] Crashing after round end? D:
« on: February 07, 2009, 11:36:46 pm »

Sadly if I play any modes other than LTK or You only live twice, when it says: round ending... my game crashes!  :'(

It's not completely urgent as I disconnect at 10 seconds from end, but if I forget I'm shagged.   :'(

I can't provide the information of the crash because it's so severe that nothing comes up, just the mouse pointer, the game freezes, nothing happens but a still of the last second of the game and I have to power off the PC.  :'(

Help would be much appreciated.  :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:12:55 am by killermonkey »

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
Re: [BUG] Crashing after round end? D:
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 02:13:19 am »

Every crash create a dump file (.mdmp) and if you could send that to one of our programers, they could take a look at it and see if it's a major problem, or if it's just something on your end that we might be able to help you resolve.

The file(s) would be located her:
Code: [Select]
Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*username*\source sdk base 2007
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 02:49:02 am »

Is this repeatable or did it only happen once or twice?

There is nothing special about the end of a round compared to any other time for the client so I am not sure why this would happen. Did you try reinstalling the mod yet? If you did, have you tried reinstalling source sdk base 2007?

Windeh!

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 03:32:00 pm »

I'll try reinstalling Source SDK base 2007 now, but in the meantime here's linkage to the dump files.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BR6IHWV1

Windeh!

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 03:56:10 pm »

Is this repeatable or did it only happen once or twice?

There is nothing special about the end of a round compared to any other time for the client so I am not sure why this would happen. Did you try reinstalling the mod yet? If you did, have you tried reinstalling source sdk base 2007?

Also sorry, no yeah it happens repeatedly, Just happened again when I tried to play there, forgot the countdown on the man with the golden gun. Pressing alt + F4 closes it though. (It's the only way, Ctrl, Alt, Del doesn't work :'() But when I do this for a split second I see the error message, not long enough to read a single word of it though.   :'(

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 03:59:49 pm »

is it something along the lines of 0x03874 and some random "Memory Leak" ?

EDIT: NM dump file posted

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Windeh!

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 07:54:43 pm »

is it something along the lines of 0x03874 and some random "Memory Leak" ?

EDIT: NM dump file posted

Any luck with it then Gents?   :)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 11:04:19 pm »

My idea is that your GE:S installation is incomplete. You might be missing this file:

gesource/resource/ui/RoundReport.res

Try doing this in the console while in a server: showpanel "roundreport"

If it crashes, I guarantee that's the culprit. I will post that file for you if you need it.

Windeh!

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 07:10:28 pm »

Well gentlemen, I have founded the culprit, it was the fact  that I was changing my video settings. If I don't it doesn't crash but it plays poorly, so if you guys could maybe give me a list of code to put in my autoexec for: High models. High textures. No HDR, No AA, 16x AF, Simple reflections. I would be much obliged.  :D

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 07:41:33 pm »

go to your video options in game!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 08:02:04 pm »

Well gentlemen, I have founded the culprit, it was the fact  that I was changing my video settings. If I don't it doesn't crash but it plays poorly, so if you guys could maybe give me a list of code to put in my autoexec for: High models. High textures. No HDR, No AA, 16x AF, Simple reflections. I would be much obliged.  :D
Try these

mat_vsync "0"   //v-sync off
mat_hdr_level "0"     // HDR off
mat_hdr_enabled  "0"    //Not sure what this doesbut its off
mat_picmip "0"       //0 = high.   -10 is highest.
mat_antialias "0"       //AA off
mat_forceaniso 16  // 16X AF
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 08:06:44 pm by keefy »

Windeh!

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 09:49:42 pm »

go to your video options in game!

It's doing that that makes me crash dear sir, it seems every time I change options after the game has loaded it crashes, I'm gonna try keefy's commands though, cheers everyone  :D

00_Agent

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 10:44:09 am »

My idea is that your GE:S installation is incomplete. You might be missing this file:

gesource/resource/ui/RoundReport.res

Try doing this in the console while in a server: showpanel "roundreport"

If it crashes, I guarantee that's the culprit. I will post that file for you if you need it.

The same thing started to happen to me two days ago. I remember  installing some Source mods and games, and, after uninstalling it, always when I play GE the game crashes on round end. I typed this command on console, and the game crashed indeed. I´ve checked this file you mentioned and it´s there, so I don´t know what´s happening. I´ve already reinstalled the game,  Steam (backing up the Source SDK Base and Orange Box files) and my video card driver. So, what do you think it is? Should I download all the Source files again??  :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up