GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 11:58:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VOIP does not work  (Read 3208 times)

Troy

• GE:S Coder
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 260
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
VOIP does not work
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:20:45 am »

My VOIP will not work in GE:S.  When I load the game, click the voice tab, and click test microphone, it doesn't pick up any audio.  However, when I try TF2 or L4D2, it works just fine.  What is the trick in enabling VOIP?  A while back it just starting working.  Is there some settings I have to change?
Complete - Arsenal, One Bullet is Enough, Tournament DM v2, TurboDM
Defunct - Agent Under Fire
VC - Being such a dick, KM must be stroked before springing into action.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: VOIP does not work
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:21:08 pm »

Have you actually tried just talking normally with the microphone in game?

Try that, it may just be the test microphone option that is broken.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Troy

• 00 Agent
  • Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!Troy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:09:42 pm »

Of course I have tried that.  Before what happened was it just magically started working.  I have just reinstalled windows 7 and it's back to the same thing.  I guess that's why it's "Beta".

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 01:21:55 pm »

Windows 7 has some silly thing in the options of the microphone that kills the speaker volume if you are in true VOIP program. It misdiagnoses video games though. Disable that feature and you should be ok.

Btw, this has nothing to do with our mod and not because its "beta". Its entirely your computer and setup.

Follow these directions: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9911686&postcount=8
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:36:47 pm by killermonkey »

Troy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 01:40:33 pm »

Windows 7 has some silly thing in the options of the microphone that kills the speaker volume if you are in true VOIP program. It misdiagnoses video games though. Disable that feature and you should be ok.
Thanks, that did the trick.  I am using a microphone array.  I disabled the microphone, re-enabled it, and set my microphone array to default.  My microphone array was originally the default so that didn't change.  However there was something green next to my microphone.  That is gone now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up