GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 01:46:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Beta 4 Translations needed  (Read 45686 times)

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Beta 4 Translations needed
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2010, 06:50:42 pm »

French got a minor update.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2010, 03:01:10 am »

I did a MAJOR (lol, see what I did here) update for French.

I'm not done yet. Will I have a little bit of time to finish it tomorrow or... ?
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2010, 01:28:27 am »

PFEWWWW....

French is now done and clean. Am I too late ?
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2010, 03:01:02 am »

i screwed the installer up so had to remake it. Just in time

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2010, 02:42:16 am »

Ok, good to hear. I thought I did that for nothing.  :-X

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2010, 02:33:21 pm »

I have been updating the Spanish translation after some bugs I saw when playing Beta 4, in the meantime, what do you guys think about translating the Wiki?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2010, 03:31:44 pm »

I think this could cause a huge inconsistence because not everything will be translated at once.
So the english version will be the most complete one while other languages might lack content or have completly wrong or fucked up stuff.
So everyone will use the english version anyway and TBH, 99% of the ppl here are able to understand and write english, the rest is either to young or not willing to learn another language.

As for me, Videogames were a major factor in learning new english vocabular since back in the 1990-2000 there were not many videogames, especially on consoles like N64, which had a german translation.

VGF

• Secret Agent
  • VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.VGF is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2010, 08:03:40 pm »

Hell yeah, my N64 was my first English teacher. Thanks for listening at the suggestion.

Hope that for the next version more stuff can be translated (Capture the Key stuff, the profiles...)

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2010, 09:50:11 pm »

Are you guys going to update the translation in game ? Because there is still some text in English in GES B4 while it's supposed to be French.

Exemple : Character description is in English.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2010, 10:29:13 pm »

I am working on an alternate way to pass localization hints. Right now Valve's system doesn't support multi-input localization. It's all or nothing. As in:

"Capture The Key: #GES_TEST Is Cool"

will not translate to anything when passed through the localization filter. It has to be in the form:

"#GES_TEST"

ONLY
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:33:35 pm by killermonkey »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2010, 02:56:19 pm »

Hey everybody. It's that time again! We need translations done for v4.1!!

Here is the diff between the english files: http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php?title=Gesource_english&diff=3624&oldid=3168

I suggest copying the stuff that was modified over and then translating it. I am not going to copy/paste the diff to each language myself. Post here when you finish a language. Thanks guys!

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2010, 10:13:43 pm »

German translation is done - but I guess it'd be better if Kraid and Cy would have look at it, too. Three pairs of eyes are seeing more than just one.
In case you chose to include the translators into the credits again please watch out for that 'c' in my nickname - it should be in lowercase, thanks. ;-)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 10:28:38 pm by coolDisguise »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2010, 10:50:27 pm »

In case you chose to include the translators into the credits again please watch out for that 'c' in my nickname - it should be in lowercase, thanks. ;-)

All done ;-) thanks for the contribution!

VGF

• Secret Agent
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2010, 07:38:08 pm »

Spanish translation updated as well.

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2010, 04:12:53 am »

Hello there!
I just read this thread and I think I might find myself useful for the french version.
I could work on this up to two hours a day, If you guys allow me to do it, What I must do is to copy the whole "Current revision" down the link Killermonkey posted and translate it into a word document and that's it?

Thanks for the information.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up