GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:14:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_train  (Read 37247 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
ge_train
« on: January 08, 2014, 09:38:54 am »

hey people,

last week I fooled around with the hammer editor again and ge_train plopped out!
ok, seriously now, I saw a video of the train-map on youtube and I thought: this mod hasn't got a train-map yet. why the fuck, why? Well... I could do it!
so I started working on it and let me tell you something: after the crazy funhouse map, the work on ge_train feels like holiday. I really enjoy mapping again, it's great fun.
So, this is it, I want to create a very classical train map, nothing big, but a solid base for a nice little multiplayer match. It should be done in 2 or 3 months. the funhouse made me fast.

and here are some early WIP screenshots for you. and don't mind the textures, most of them are placeholders for the grand finale.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 12:34:23 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
Re: ge_train
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:13:53 am »

Well, I'll be damned! :D

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:31:12 am »

*wink*

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:44:40 am by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 11:57:31 am »

yeah, I know these concept pictures, but that's just too much for me at the moment. and way too big.
I'll create the map in order to torture claustrophobic people: 16 players, trapped in a tightly train, ready for self-destruction.
gameplay should be fun!  ;D

StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138]

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.StupidMarioBros1Fan[1138] barely matters.
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 04:27:16 pm »

Is that concept art of what the original level's design was supposed to be like or what you would like the map in source to be like? O_o
Those textures are placeholders? The passenger carriage looks perfectly accurate, don't see how you would change it except maybe make different variations of the carts? :o
Don't ask, Stupid Mario Brothers is a YouTube series that I love to watch, and most likely you probably read my username as "SuperMarioBros1Fan" at some point. Yes I get that question a lot since this isn't the only account with this name. ::)

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 09:21:16 pm »

yeah, I know these concept pictures, but that's just too much for me at the moment. and way too big.
I'll create the map in order to torture claustrophobic people: 16 players, trapped in a tightly train, ready for self-destruction.
gameplay should be fun!  ;D

It would be awesome that at the 0:00 mark on the timer everyone gets engulfed in explosions.

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 11:36:40 pm »

Wow that looks scary accurate to the original, I love it!

Also, what Major said. After Library and my other yet unannounced project are released into the mod, I might tackle this...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

TriDefiance

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 78
  • TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!TriDefiance is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 12:09:15 am »

I love this

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 10:28:58 pm »

It would be awesome that at the 0:00 mark on the timer everyone gets engulfed in explosions.

Can do this with the ge_gameplay_info entity and trigger on match end :-D

And Major, OMG, that concept artist was fucking amazing. It's too bad his talent was too good and he got sucked up in the industry :-)

Peroxwhy?gen

• Secret Agent
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 05:22:27 am »

Hmm there is something off about the carpet in one of the cabs... shouldn't it have swirls like this?

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 07:51:11 am »

yes, but as I wrote before, the textures you see on these pictures are just placeholders, not the final work.
But where does your picture come from? Looks nice

Peroxwhy?gen

• Secret Agent
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 08:38:14 pm »

yes, but as I wrote before, the textures you see on these pictures are just placeholders, not the final work.
But where does your picture come from? Looks nice

Oh yeah, sorry i blanked out about your post last night, i was kinda fucked up lol.

Also, the photo came from a project that Partiota was working on, but the textures are from the original game.

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 01:36:22 am »

wow it looks great Cy :)
has a real classic vibe... the crate room looks amazing

im really glad to see you making another map- Funhouse was one of the most amazing GES maps i've ever played...i look forward to playing ge_train one day :D

The Cy

• 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 11:05:05 am »

thanks man!

the journey continues

next steps:
-starting and creating the last wagon 6/6 (maybe with ourumovs dead body lying on the ground?)
-creating area portals
-creating a streaming texture which helps to mediate the feeling of speed (for shutters)
-placing bots to get some company
-searching for proper textures (carpet swirls, wallpapers, upholstery shit)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 11:26:06 am by The Cy »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 11:20:05 am »

Looking a lot better!! Good work.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up