GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:54:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Need) GoldenEye: Source Icon  (Read 14390 times)

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
(Need) GoldenEye: Source Icon
« on: June 17, 2011, 08:49:48 am »

hey guys i am searching a big GoldenEye: Source Icon to print on a t-shirt. Would be great if someone has one.
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

ChronoSKitz

• A portal
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ChronoSKitz has no influence.
    • Chronetic
Re: (Need) GoldenEye: Source Icon
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 01:11:04 am »

can only find mildly medium to small pics. Even then most are blurry.

I.E.

Maybe one of the staff has Hi-Res stuff.

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 04:22:02 pm »

i need a bigger one...
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 07:06:24 pm »

T-Shirt is a great idea, I'd wear one proudly. Make sure it say's Goldeneye Source, and not GE Source though, people may not know what GE stands for, but most people will know what Goldeneye is whether it be the game or the film. You could put on the back, "Come Join Us Online" or something like that.

jgibson02

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jgibson02 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 02:57:00 am »

If anyone's still interested, here's my attempt at a higher-res version of the icon. Also included is the .pdn file for your editing.
http://www.mediafire.com/?rbfbuk766yuu4k9

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 09:01:03 am »

The silhouette is still very blurry. I got a better one i made with vector lines when doing the 3D spinning logo.

It's attached to this post. Zipped file containing Adobe illustrator file format (.ai).

As for the logo itself, i think it's a little plain on the outer shape, try with a beveled border and maybe a slight indication of reflection. Also the borders of all shapes are to sharp/pixelated, blend them together e.g. by resizing the final image from a  higher resolution.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 09:44:29 am »

http://wcservers.net/major/images/GES_Banner_V1.1.png

Like your bond Kraid.. might have to play around with it more.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 01:20:16 pm »

Both Kraid's and Major's look really good. I think the current GES logo could be reworked to incorporate elements of each and maybe have the gun barrel spiral with some blood instead of Bond's silhouette. This is just a suggestion, of course. I'll work on something like this and I'll use your file, Kraid, if you don't mind.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »

wouldn't have posted it if i'd mind.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 02:42:32 pm »

This is my first attempt at a logo. I know the colours are ugly since this is just an experiment to get the shape right, among other things. I made two versions. They are pretty big and not ready for print.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/goldeneye01.png
http://filesmelt.com/dl/goldeneye.png

I know some parts are a bit rough around the edges (I don't mean lack of anti-aliasing). I used some pre-made textures from CGTextures for this. It'll look better if I get some custom textures for this, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:45:18 pm by PPK »

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 03:53:39 pm »

I really like this rough style, they both look great!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:04:35 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

liamcadhain

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 04:36:37 pm »

Those logos look pretty good even as they are. I do like the idea of incorporating the gun barrel into the logo too. Perhaps you could even shorten the current barrel a bit more so as to increase the radius of the inner circle and then fit the current Bond silhouette into that space. Just a suggestion though, it still might leave the Bond silhouette inside too small come to think of it

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 06:12:13 pm »

Perhaps you could even shorten the current barrel a bit more so as to increase the radius of the inner circle and then fit the current Bond silhouette into that space. Just a suggestion though, it still might leave the Bond silhouette inside too small come to think of it

I thought about that too but I think the gun barrel's profile would be to small to make any impact, not to mention the fact that putting the silhouette in the middle may make it too cluttered. Though I'll try that when I have more time :).

Oh, the icon wasn't solely my idea. I got some inspiration from what Major did with is, along with a bit of help from his avatar. I also recall having seen a very old icon pitched by someone that was somewhat similar in style.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:32:38 pm by PPK »

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 07:40:19 pm »

Oh yeah I do like the rough look. Tried to add twist with bond as well, couldn't figure out a non cluttered look also.

http://wcservers.net/major/images/GES_Banner_V3.png

There is one with old barrel twist(same as my avatar).
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 07:50:09 pm »

Oh yeah I do like the rough look. Tried to add twist with bond as well, couldn't figure out a non cluttered look also.

http://wcservers.net/major/images/GES_Banner_V3.png

There is one with old barrel twist(same as my avatar).

It looks really good. One thing I'll have to do is turn the whole thing into a vector image, sans texture. That'll make it easier for any eventual editing that may require bigger images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up