GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:19:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: deactivating the playing of various songs  (Read 3115 times)

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
deactivating the playing of various songs
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:51:16 pm »

I was wondering how it could be possible, due to my old system I would like to deactivate the playing of different music in-game lefting just one song per map. As in lovely great beta3 was.
(1 song per map)

REASON: : I have so little crashing thingy like LAGGY momments when a song is about to start.
(due to my oldie system as i said prevsly)

*I tried just letting one song activated, but the ingame musicPlayer doesnt let the song play completly until it ends, it just finish in mid of the song or before song ends.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
Re: deactivating the playing of various songs
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:13:57 am »

Rename that folder \SourceMods\gesource\scripts\music\ and you wont have any music file playing.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 01:06:27 pm »

I think everyone gets that little moment of lag when the music changes sometimes. I don't think it has much to do with your system, it happens to me sometimes, not every time, and my system is quite powerful.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 02:17:00 pm »

The lag is your computer reminding you how fucking slow a hard drive is. We stream the music versus precaching it so that your ram doesn't take a hit. Otherwise each level would precache it's song list (~4 songs per) and over the course of 10 levels thats about 20 to 25 songs (minus repeats) which comes to around 150 MB of wasted RAM.

We figure if your system is slow enough to really notice the lag between songs it certainly cannot afford to lose anymore RAM. Now if Source wasn't such a piece of shit engine in terms of Sound we could buffer the next song to have it ready, but that would require too much brain power for Gabe Newell to handle...

@7Fox:
Even if you only have one song in the list it will still fade in/out between songs. There is no way around this except to rename the music folder like Doc.No suggested and using Valve's MP3 player (type mp3 in the console).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:23:29 pm by killermonkey »

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 04:27:51 pm »

oh ty bad :D
for helpingz mee I'll try the renaming of the folder

abcdefghijklmnñopqrstuvwxyz
Pages: [1]   Go Up