GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:12:11 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic Weapon Skins pack  (Read 16992 times)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Classic Weapon Skins pack
« on: November 16, 2009, 08:15:36 pm »

I'm working on a pack of reskins for some of the weapons... just to make them appear more like they did in the original. It's less realistic of course.

DD44 (WIP)
- Recoloured metal parts and adjusted envmask contrast.
+ Will retexture grip and remove ridges on the slide.

Klobb (WIP)
- Created an env mask, reflection is way too overkill at the moment but looks nice.

Auto Shotgun (Near-complete)
- Retextured grips to wood and recoloured everything else.
- Created envmask for reflections.
WIP 1, WIP 2

Sniper Rifle (WIP)
- Retextured the wood and recoloured the scope mounts.

Cougar Magnum (Finished) 1, 2, 3
WIP 1, WIP 2

What do you think? Criticisms? Suggestions?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 08:59:19 pm by Mangley »
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Classic Weapon Skins pack
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:59:34 pm »

To be honest dude, i don't really notice hardly any differences....the magnum looks exactly the same....and the klobb is just shinier...if you wanted to make it more like the original, klobb should have that purplish tint to it on certain areas and shotgun should look ridiculously dorky. It just looks like there are more reflections and different color changes on this.....is that what you were going for?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 11:20:53 pm »

Bear in mind that they're (I'm hoping) very WIP.

Yeah, the only changes are the colour schemes and added shinies, but that might just be the start of it.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 02:42:29 am »

To be honest dude, i don't really notice hardly any differences....the magnum looks exactly the same....and the klobb is just shinier...if you wanted to make it more like the original, klobb should have that purplish tint to it on certain areas and shotgun should look ridiculously dorky. It just looks like there are more reflections and different color changes on this.....is that what you were going for?

The magnum didn't have an envmask before... in fact there were no reflections other than light source reflections. In the original goldeneye the magnum was shiny... In fact I'm amazed you don't see the difference in the magnum..

Here's a comparison shot

On the left is the unedited GE:S 3.1 magnum
On the right is with an envmask and editted VMT.

Many of the weapons currently don't have any env mask or normal map.

I put (WIP) next to them for a reason, the klobb was really just an experiment to see how it would look with an envmask. The end purpose of all this of course is to make the weapons look as close to the originals as possible... whilst not compromising on detail.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 02:44:56 am by Mangley »

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 05:17:46 pm »

I like the look of the auto shotty.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 05:56:53 pm »

Should make every thing pink and have a Feminista pack
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 06:26:28 pm »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 07:52:39 pm »

Should make every thing pink and have a Feminista pack
Hello Kitty pack is exclusively for Fonfa.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:53:57 pm »

I like it. especially the golden gun should have more reflections
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 02:50:19 am »

I like em man!

The cougar shouldn't be shiny on the wood parts.

If these get looking real good i will definitely personally include them in Beta 4 w/ your permission

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2009, 02:53:52 am »

Hello Kitty pack is exclusively for Fonfa.

My thoughts.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 09:27:17 pm »

It would be great if we`ll see those reflections in beta 4  :P
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 09:42:03 pm »

The automatic shotgun looks better now and the DD is closer to its original colour. Good job in those.

The Magnum and the Klobb look like they are wrapped in transparent plastic though... Work on those two mate ;).

Mangley

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 12:17:58 am »

Worked on the Sniper Rifle today, retextured the wood and recoloured the scope mounts.

Clicky

Still quite WIP... but any suggestions? I thought those were the most appropriate parts of the scope to be the white rings.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 01:21:13 am »

The original is still MUCH better. I don't think the sniper rifle texture will change officially
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up