GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:32:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Ge_Bunker_Nw  (Read 93252 times)

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Ge_Bunker_Nw
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 08:32:09 am »

The reflections on the ceiling are a bit wiered. It does huge reflections of the orange and blue parts of some props.
My guess: you placed your env_cubemaps right in front of the goldeneye key slot and another one in front of a blue-ish monitor screen.

1. try to move it further away from these props
2. you can create a new env_cubemap and use it only for the reflection on the beams of ceiling
(you can pic brushfaces to apply your cubemap only to them)
or
3. tone down the reflection of the material (if it's user created and not a default HL2 GES material)
or use another material which isn't reflective
or create your own material which suits your needs.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 02:10:59 pm »

That material is probably the citadel material from HL2, looks similar. Kinda metallic, VERY reflective.

I like the main room, but now that you have the detail in terms of props you need to add some visual breakup, by that I mean decals.
Place decals at the base of the computer consoles, maybe even raise the floor a touch (2px - 3px) as kinda like a mat or a floor covering. Arrow decals, exit signs, stuff like that, some grunge where the chairs are and would have been rolling around.

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 05:34:56 pm »

The reflections on the ceiling are a bit wiered. It does huge reflections of the orange and blue parts of some props.
My guess: you placed your env_cubemaps right in front of the goldeneye key slot and another one in front of a blue-ish monitor screen.

1. try to move it further away from these props
2. you can create a new env_cubemap and use it only for the reflection on the beams of ceiling
(you can pic brushfaces to apply your cubemap only to them)
or
3. tone down the reflection of the material (if it's user created and not a default HL2 GES material)
or use another material which isn't reflective
or create your own material which suits your needs.

How do I create textures? With what software? How to put it in hammer?
Released maps:
Download - Ge_Bunker_Nw - Updated for Ges 5.0

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 06:20:28 pm »

You should also make sure own texture for the windows so that they're not so foggy.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Texture_Format

That's everything you could ever need to know about VTFs/VMTs.

I would recommend using Photoshop with the VTF plugin, or any other image editing program that can export to targas and convert it to a vtf in VTFEdit. (It can even generate vmts)
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
  • FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.FReXx is a force to reckon with.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 07:40:59 pm »

You should also make sure own texture for the windows so that they're not so foggy.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Texture_Format

That's everything you could ever need to know about VTFs/VMTs.

I would recommend using Photoshop with the VTF plugin, or any other image editing program that can export to targas and convert it to a vtf in VTFEdit. (It can even generate vmts)
Ty!

That material is probably the citadel material from HL2, looks similar. Kinda metallic, VERY reflective.

I like the main room, but now that you have the detail in terms of props you need to add some visual breakup, by that I mean decals.
Place decals at the base of the computer consoles, maybe even raise the floor a touch (2px - 3px) as kinda like a mat or a floor covering. Arrow decals, exit signs, stuff like that, some grunge where the chairs are and would have been rolling around.

No, it's a "goldeneye/facility/metal_wall01"

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:41:36 am by The SSL »
Released maps:

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 07:45:27 am »

dude, holy shit man. I really like what you have done to it. It looks amazing. I absolutely LOVE how you made everything explode. That function will be REALLY Handy in beta 4 (hint). :) Love the doors too. They sounds and control pad add so much to it. In my opinion, you are a REALLY good mapper. The ONLY thing that I would be concerned at right now (that I noticed) is getting stuck in the computers after they fall off the desk...is there a way that you can make them fall and then become a non-clippable object? Man...AMAZING man. Keep workin' on it. It is going to be great. :) *shivers* If you need some more input/you would like another beta tester to help you out to find some problems and get some new ideas, Just ask. :)

Saint

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 07:55:52 am »

dude, holy shit man. I really like what you have done to it. It looks amazing. I absolutely LOVE how you made everything explode. That function will be REALLY Handy in beta 4 (hint). :) Love the doors too. They sounds and control pad add so much to it. In my opinion, you are a REALLY good mapper. The ONLY thing that I would be concerned at right now (that I noticed) is getting stuck in the computers after they fall off the desk...is there a way that you can make them fall and then become a non-clippable object? Man...AMAZING man. Keep workin' on it. It is going to be great. :) *shivers* If you need some more input/you would like another beta tester to help you out to find some problems and get some new ideas, Just ask. :)

Saint
Thank you very much for your comment. This is not the computer stuck, I stuck in the chairs! I will put non-clippable for the chair!
Released maps:

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 08:15:43 am »

Looking very good, can't wait to see what you have in plan for the rest.

Now you gotta update your Sig ;)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 11:24:58 am »

Not bad, i like the idea of adding a few new passages to increase the flow of the map.
The monitors are exploding by default. You can make them prop_physic_multiplayer, so they'll have no player collision and a better performance ofc.

Some things are looking a little blocky to me (e.g. the support beams in the corridors) and a few Textures could be changed as well.
Like the gray concrete walltexture you're using everywhere, try something more true to the original game.

rdcarden2006

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rdcarden2006 has no influence.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 01:37:31 am »

Looks nice. I especially like the idea of adding a new corridor between the glass door and the helipad. That part to me always seemed to be too long and straight without having some kind of alternate route.

EduCatOR

• The OG
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EduCatOR has no influence.
    • The Gravel Pit
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 07:08:43 am »

Looks awesome man can't wait to give this a go...

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 01:30:45 pm »

I love your alternate routes! Dude, you are turning into quite the mapper, can't wait to see the frontzone :)

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 08:26:43 pm »

Thank you everyone! I'm speechless :o

How can I solve this floor problem?

BIG THANKS TO IMAGESHACK.US FOR REMOVED ALL PICTURES!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 10:47:28 am by FReXx »
Released maps:

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 03:36:30 am »

You need to tie both brush faces to the same env_cubemap entity (I think that's what's happening there).

Go into the env_cubemap's properties window and where it says "Brush Faces", select "Pick..." and then highlight the two faces.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

FReXx

• Tareyu Eyre
  • 00 Agent
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 03:47:34 am »

You need to tie both brush faces to the same env_cubemap entity (I think that's what's happening there).

Go into the env_cubemap's properties window and where it says "Brush Faces", select "Pick..." and then highlight the two faces.
Ty!
Released maps:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up