Editing and Customization > Community Content

ge_mislab

(1/2) > >>

Kujo:
I have been working on a custom map for a little while now, trying to learn the ropes to hammer and map editing.  This is my first map that isn't just a large single colored cube of some sort :P

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3606/3387318756_52183ca8a0_b.jpg
^^ Click for bigger version ^^

The map is modeled after the MIS Lab I work in on campus, which is also where the server happens to be that I host the Bradley University GE:S games from (thus the mainframe looking "rack" in the corner of the room).

Although this map will never be very practical to play in because of its size, I might eventually expand the map to the rest of the building that the lab is in.

It's still a WIP, but I figured I would post it here, as I think I may have mentioned it a couple times in game to a few of you.

Let me know what you think and where I can improve, but don't be to harsh, as I am still learning and it is still a WIP :)

Sp1nn3y:
I like it.. Looks good, nice and clean but remember the most important thing in a map is maneuverability and i see only one way to get from under the picture to what looks like the door(thats if under the screen there is a door) :-p also it seems you have dead ends.. which cause problems esp if this is for GE:S a dm style game.. but all out i like it.. it's.. clean.

Kujo:
yeah, I wasn't really going for playability, I was mainly trying to recreate the room as accurately as possible (and when was the last time a computer lab was ever described as having maneuverability? LoL)

I'll consider stuff like that if I every decide to expand the map to more of the building and make it a playable map

killermonkey:
universities tend to dislike it when students model their buildings for "killing" games, just to be frank. but it looks sweet

X-tra:
Look nice. Maybe a little overdose of models, but it's ok.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version