GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:41:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 10/08 Census - Your Feedback & Activity  (Read 26504 times)

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
10/08 Census - Your Feedback & Activity
« on: October 23, 2008, 01:14:55 am »

Well first off, how is everyone?

Im trying to get the feel on over all activity so I am asking for ONE AND ONLY ONE simple post.
We are asking for  two simple sentences as listed below.

A) We ask for the that fact your active.
             (Yes or no / 2) The 2 means on an average how many days out of the week do you visit the site

B) One legitement reason on what we can improve on game play, weapon, fundementals,etc etc.
             (Please do not critique on things like when is the release date, why do you guys suck so bad ETC, ETC.)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 12:14:57 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
Re: 10/08 Cencus (developers please do not post, however please monitor)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 01:18:32 am »

You misspelled census.  :P
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 01:59:08 am »

A) Yes / This site is my homepage, I visit it every day

B) I would really like to hear better gun sound effects over the ones from beta 1, so that all guns sound distinct and different, and actually sound like REAL guns, like the gun sounds from ge64, but updated.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 04:08:20 am »

A) I check this site as part of my daily routine on the internets. So pretty much every day.

B) Weapons and gameplay are very fun, and the only thing I think the game needs more of is choice. For example, "A create your own weapon spawn set" feature at the menu and maybe more player model variations in the vein of the Bond suit colors. (Ourumov with hat! :D)

1Rusky

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 1Rusky has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 04:17:57 am »

A)I visit the site everyday and multiple times as well.

B)I trust that you guys will come through as far as content, gameplay,gamemodes, and fixing of bugs. So what I'd like to see you do is give the mod a better Goldeneye feeling such as a better main menu, Bond-like waiting screens when you're entering a server, and maybe new or more music to the main menu. (Maybe like a remix of Tina Turner's song)

Shit, more than 1 sentence. I'm sorry :-X

brex

• Agent
  • brex has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 04:35:15 am »

a. check once a day.
b. same as 1rusky's post; add in more small bond like features, for the waiting screens and the server lists etc. also create some hype for the release by creating a GE:S trailer video that is properly made.

soyboy1800

• Agent
  • soyboy1800 has no influence.
Re: 10/08 Cencus - Your Feedback & Activity
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 07:15:01 am »

A)  Yes / 4 (more so recently)

B)  Can't think of anything that hasn't been said, the stuff in the updates looks awesome.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
Re: 10/08 Census - Your Feedback & Activity
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 12:30:26 pm »

A. Yes / 3 times per days, waiting for some news like this one ;D

B. It would be awesome if you guys complete "create a server" option and MAYBE add some bots.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 03:08:30 pm »

A) Yes / 7.? I refresh this and my other forum (small forums :)) whenever I feel like it to check for new posts, several times a day.

B) Implementing the radar would be an awesome touch. Better yet, allowing the server operator to turn it off or on.

(Swapped the proximity mine problem out for radar suggestion)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:26:09 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

monkeyface

• Agent
  • monkeyface has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 05:38:01 pm »

A) Yes / 7

B) Make the crosshair obsolete. Even if there were a crosshair on the screen, you'd have to rely on "feeling". Base the firing on factors such as movement speed, mouse location, mouse speed, slight auto-aim perhaps and finally add some random numbers on top. If you were to visualize the crosshair, it should jump around so much that you couldn't really predict the next bullet, you'd have to expect it instead of just using your eyes. Simply making it invisible wouldn't cut the deal. Right now I feel this could be the most important aspect of the game play.

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 06:04:32 pm »

A) Yes / 5 (I vanish, then i return, but i've still been here for years and I've never not come back)

B) Being able to create your own custom weapon loadouts, with ease (rather than finding the appropriate file and editing it manually) would actually kick ass. =D
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

Cyan

• Secret Agent
  • Cyan has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 12:26:10 am »

a) yes, stop by 2 or 3 days of the week

b) I do miss the player positions thing at the top of the screen to tell where others are. (I know it isn't really lifelike but would be a nice option if it wasn't to hard to implement, and I am guessing that their is relatively easy access to all the players coordinates in the 3d space).
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 12:30:36 am by Cyan »

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 01:38:40 am »

A) No / 8. I never check this board. Seriously...

B)
- Fundementals: I've been surprised to see the menu background hasn't been changed as well as the windows/menu. Something to work on probably.
- Weapon: like Rodney 1.666 said... Work on proximity mines. This is no fun at all. Half of the noob just jump in a server and throw a shitload of proximity mines. Thanks god it's now banned on most of the servers in 1.1 but, yeah, make it so players need to think while using this. Maybe only last X proximity mines stuck working (X not too high please, or CVAR). Maube feasable with LUA?

It would be awesome if you guys complete "create a server" option and MAYBE add some bots.
Disagree. Completely useless. And time consuming.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 03:25:14 am »

Disagree. Completely useless. And time consuming.

Hey at least I said MAYBE in capitals letters. I was just thinking about that for a far beta version ::). Because most of the time, there is no one in any of the servers. So...
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 03:28:08 am »

One post only please, will help us sort through the feedback alot easier.

/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up