GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:04:19 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Servers  (Read 5238 times)

Bigkern

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bigkern has no influence.
Servers
« on: February 06, 2012, 12:15:11 am »

I just installed the newest one today. However, the servers that pop up show no one playing. It doesnt matter if i go through the game to get to the servers or steam. The same thing happens. Whats up with this?

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
Re: Servers
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 12:21:08 am »

Hey Bigkern! Welcome to GoldenEye: Source!

Unfortunately, our player base is quite small. We usually only have one server that has people on it at a time. The time it is the most busy is when it is evening in America.

If you add me as a friend on Steam, I can invite you to the next game:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/tigeress1001
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

1230ST

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • 1230ST has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »

Hi there I also downloaded 4.1 and when I went to look for servers there were none whatsoever, is this a fault should I see possible servers even if they are empty or is it due to the reasons listed above?  I'd appreciate the help I'm new to this!

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 07:47:25 pm »

hey, welcome to the forums. you are not the only one with that problem today. now I quote lead-director killermonkey who wrote on the moddb-page:

Steam is all jacked up and not showing any servers... Here are some to join via IP:
WnX Chicago: 208.100.45.111:27015
WnX England: 89.238.160.149:27017
[1138] Chicago: 66.225.231.10:27015
Spectrum LA: 173.234.253.20:27015
[S.S] Sesame Street: 91.200.48.252:27083
Troy's Server | Chicago: 206.217.131.20:27015
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:54:26 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

1230ST

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 08:43:31 pm »

OK but how do you manually connect via IP (sorry I'm new to this)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:30:42 pm »

OK but how do you manually connect via IP (sorry I'm new to this)

That's no problem, All of us has been new one day.
There are two ways to manually connect to an IP

The first one would be to go in your server browser, Click the favorites tab, Either click on the "Add A Server" button at the bottom or right-click in the server browser and click "Add Server By IP Adress", Then enter the IP and click "Find games to this adress", Once you see the server, Double-click to join it, Or add it to your favorites.

Use the following method only if the Steam server browser goes nuts, As usual.
The second one is the command "connect" in the console (Without quotes)
You must first activate the console by going in your in-game options -> Keyboard -> Advanced -> Check "Enable Developer Console"
Press ` or ~ to open up the console (The key right before 1 on your keyboard)
enter in the console the following WITHOUT quotes "connect IP Adress"

Hope that helped.

1230ST

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:51:07 am »

Yes thank you, only now none of the servers are responding is that because no one is playing perhaps?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 10:31:18 am »

Yes thank you, only now none of the servers are responding is that because no one is playing perhaps?

That may be the reason. Try a bit later in the day. People usually play during the afternoon and night (from my perspective, at least; I'm on GMT)

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 10:54:33 am »

208.100.45.111:27015 Is most likely the server that is the most active.
From my perspective, There are mostly people between 8PM and 2AM (EST Time)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 01:47:04 pm »

That may be the reason. Try a bit later in the day. People usually play during the afternoon and night (from my perspective, at least; I'm on GMT)

Well, servers, if they're up, should always respond - meaning they should send a heartbeat to the masterserver and the masterserver handles your request. (Don't know if they're filtered on the masterserver or clientside, but I think client).
If you wouldn't see any servers because there's no one playing, that would be because of your filter settings. Try to set them less restrictive and see if something changes - but I guess not, since I heard Valve broke things again. Oh and make sure to uncheck that box that says "show map" or something in the bottom left corner, which also gives you trouble sometimes.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 03:25:24 pm »

Well, servers, if they're up, should always respond - meaning they should send a heartbeat to the masterserver and the masterserver handles your request. (Don't know if they're filtered on the masterserver or clientside, but I think client).

The servers Cy listed reply with a "The server is not responding" message when there's no one there, if you check the server info. Dunno why, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up