GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 06:36:51 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server set up for goldeneye source v4.1  (Read 18526 times)

ChrisRedfield97

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ChrisRedfield97 has no influence.
Server set up for goldeneye source v4.1
« on: July 25, 2011, 05:02:08 am »

OK i have to thank killermonkey for editing the original tutorial from before but i have seem to hit another road block. at the part where you must open the server.cfg folder and modify as needed i open it and i have no idea what to do from there. can some one give me a few pointers on what exactly to do?

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
Re: Server set up for goldeneye source v4.1
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:53:40 am »

Did you make the (run_ges).bat file with the start up configuration in it? I'm trying to remember what else there would be. If that's it then just run the .bat file and it should be all set.

I probably am missing something here though, it's been about half a year since I set my server up.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 01:11:55 am »

at the part where you must open the server.cfg folder and modify as needed i open it and i have no idea what to do from there

You mean, you don't know what to edit in the server.cfg file?
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 08:00:52 am »

Just make sure you are not using the default rcon password.  The rest of the settings you can change to your liking.

ChrisRedfield97

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 06:27:28 am »

OK thanks but i guess my over all question is what to do when i open the server.cfg folder and view the contents. i understand i need to change things but I'm not sure how.......

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 10:33:05 am »

It's pretty well documented, just read it

ChrisRedfield97

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 06:25:26 pm »

OK i read through the .cfg file and created the .bat file and ran it but i got an error with the counsel popping up and then immediately shutting out. i then try to start with srcds and it says my C:\Program\gameinfo is missing

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 01:09:42 am »

You need to put quotes around your path to the gesource folder
Pages: [1]   Go Up