GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 25, 2024, 09:09:48 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The DooM Mapper's Thread  (Read 16116 times)

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
Re: The DooM Mapper's Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2008, 04:44:30 am »

Yeah... Unfortunately the raids that have already occurred there, are of the wrong kind. Meaning, the people who raid, hack, and destroy the place on a near-monthly basis are the kind who are ruining the community in the first place. As in the very same folk who tell you to fuck off and die when you even ask for some simple scripting tips, Or, tell you your project sucks and that they can do better, then brag about it for days, then start Trolling your project thread, trying to get it closed.

And MY GOD, the furry drama there is out of fucking hand as well. Not just the furries, but the Anti-furries as well. You can't go one place without being called a Furfag, nor can you go somewhere where the Loud, obnoxious, and arrogant type of furry goes on bitching and bragging about their Furry pride. Also, the anti-furries will go as far as to Hack into your email account, or youtube account, destroy everything, change your passwords, and blackmail you all in that they suspect you are a "Furfag"... I've had it happen to me, not nice. And usually these people are basement-dwelling channers, hackers, and trolls. What a lovely bunch of fucks. Racist buttmunches are rampant too, I've been called a "ni***r" on many occasions, and I've even had worse, more agressive, and degrading racial slurs sent my way...

Now, I usually don't have problems with newbies, but there is also a big problem of those who have only been in the community for a day and a half, and are already demanding things of the community, or are causing all sorts of other problems... not using proper grammar, spamming, and blah blah blah. :| A massive influx of noobs, to put it bluntly.

By the way: I lost my Goldeneye 007 TC Project files due to hard drive mechanical failure. The read/write heads in my hard drive are damaged, and the drive no longer works. I lost 6 years of work, Doom, and Non-Doom related. This includes my own Composed Music, 3D Models, and Videos. I've also lost games and applications I've paid for online... I need to find a data recovery firm that can recover the drive by replacing the heads, but is less than $1000.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:25:08 am by StrikerMan780 »

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 05:53:21 pm »

...Yeah, if I happened to come across the place before hearing about, I would have read all the shit in there and not even signed up.

Yeah... Unfortunately the raids that have already occurred there, are of the wrong kind. Meaning, the people who raid, hack, and destroy the place on a near-monthly basis are the kind who are ruining the community in the first place.

I'm sure there are others out there who would be willing to assist.

To your second paragraph, all I can say is holy fuck. Just, just... w-why?
This is my big question in life: How are people smart enough to figure out the basics of what they do, yet are stupid enough to do... stupid shit?
I normally use that question for stupid people who are in charge of things...

What a lovely bunch of fucks.
That pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it.

Whatever. I see communities like that as the Half-Life 2 city of "Ravenholm".
It's decimated, devastated, and infested with all sorts of nasty fucks and hazards.
Leave it to rot in it's own shit.

(For the record, I normally refrain for swearing on forums unless the case calls for it.
Not that anyone here cares.)

Edited out three extra words. Nonsensical...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 05:33:59 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 04:45:53 am »

Yeah. Agreed.

By the way, nice use of a Lewis Black quote.

Lewis Black = Awesome. :D

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 05:51:26 pm »

One of my New Year's Resolutions will be to finish my little 8(9[secret]) level doom 2 campaign thingy. Even if those arrogant basement dwellers of skulltag don't help, it will be worth it if any of you check it out when I'm done. I have .... one and a half level finished so far lol
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:08:27 pm by PeskySaurus »
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 07:32:36 pm »

Victory is mine!

I'm quite positive that I've completed another of my old edits.
E2M9 - Fortress of Mystery.

I'd like to upload my edits in some kind of order, though; So I'm going to hold off on this one.
Stay tuned for E1M1 - Hangar.
(Again, nothing special.)

Working on it now, actually. Brought everything on my flash drive. ;)
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 08:28:29 pm »

Be careful with releasing edits of existing Doom/Doom2 maps... You'll get flamed all to hell by the majority of the doom community if you do. :| People are very touchy about that.

PeskySaurus

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • PeskySaurus is looked down upon.
    • NUKEMAN & Kittyboy
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 08:32:39 pm »

I always thought "challenge" versions of maps were a tradition in editing, (at least in Doom)? Then again, having dealt with those virgin elitist airhead fucks in #skulltag, and finding out, PEOPLE BAN YOU IN MECHWARRIOR DEPENDING ON YOUR LEGIT WEAPON LAY OUT (while calling you a "n00b"), maybe there are really douchebag nerds lkie that out there. Regardless, my work is entirely original, though the "traps" are somewhat inspired by Doom 64 (my favorite Doom ever made.) But inspired meaning the style only, everything is completely original of mine.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 09:16:43 pm by PeskySaurus »
"I got something deep inside of me, courage is the thing that KEEPS US FREE!" - If you don't know the source of this line, don't even bother talking to me you communist.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 11:41:05 pm »

Be careful with releasing edits of existing Doom/Doom2 maps... You'll get flamed all to hell by the majority of the doom community if you do. :| People are very touchy about that.

Touchy about copyright issues, or that I may be tainting id SoftWare's work?
Both are nonsensical, so I'm not concerned.
You need the game to play the map anyway.

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 01:18:16 am »

My thoughts exactly... but what can ya do? Ah well.

DaFees

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • DaFees has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 01:48:31 am »

My apologies if this be deemed bringing up an old topic, but I want to throw it out there that I occasionally like to play around in doom map making. I've made a few gems here and there, but I mainly enjoy playing custom maps, especially with zdoomgl or with the doomsday engine. 3d imps really add something to the game. Anyways I do have one custom and original deathmatch wad I'd be willing to share with you guys here. Unfortunately I know of no place to upload it. So I suppose if you are interested you can PM me. :-D

P.S. I love Doom64, especially the pc port of it. Also, what do you guys think of doom maps that use 3d floors?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
    • Steam profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 04:35:44 pm »

Yeah, posts in here are going to be spontaneous. Large gaps.

A friend of mine uses MediaFire.com. Could give that a try. I'm up for more maps. :)

Not sure what you mean by 3D floors, though...

Oh yeah, I had to do E2M9 again...
I lost half of my progress when I erased my maps folder from my flashdrive. I thought I had it on my PC. (I save multiple copies of my maps in "phases", for that exact reason.)
Jeeze, sure feels like I'm doling out the excuses...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:37:58 pm by Rodney 1.666 »

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 02:07:56 pm »

Digging up this old fossil of a thread yet again.

I've started to continue work on my DooM Mods and whatnot, and among them, I've been recovering the work I've done to the GoldenEye TC before the hard drive failure. http://www.skulltag.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12925

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up