GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 20, 2024, 03:44:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The other GoldenEye: Source Cradle.  (Read 14147 times)

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
The other GoldenEye: Source Cradle.
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:26:55 pm »

I ever find some new viedeos and picutres about this Cradel

Can you say me some information, why this cradle exist. And who made it ? and...... and......

Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: The other GoldenEye: Source Cradle.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 06:33:23 pm »

This is an alpha-era teaser.  Obviously, it was never completed.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

• Secret Agent
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 06:47:05 pm »

Does somehave contact to the mapper ? Tell him he that he should reales that. If it is an slpha, or not. This map is very great and i think i would like it better then the official one.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 12:28:19 am »

Just some thoughts...

Besides that the screen that is shown in the "video" looks layout-wise more faithful to the original than the current official multiplayer(!) map doesn't sell it for me, because:
1.) although I still do not like cradle that much the official map is better gameplay-wise. If you had ever played the GE mod for HL 1 with ppl or even bots you would have come to the conclusion, that the original map layout makes it more of a sniper map than it already is. With the additional areas on the official GE: S map there are at least some areas where you can't be shot from every side giving you a little more opportunity to control the game instead of being dependant on being unnoticed until you have the chance to grab a weapon. So I think the official GE: S mod is quite a good version for multiplayer.
2.) texture-wise the official map looks better :p

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 12:42:20 am »

It looks the exact same to me as the current Cradle but with fog and it's full of developer and HL2 textures, its proportions are off, and it doesn't have the super camper-friendly pits on the top catwalks, quite possibly its only plus. I'm not sure why you'd want an ugly early version of a map.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

• Secret Agent
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 10:57:37 am »

All links are down and i can´t jump to page 7.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 12:39:15 pm »

I somehow like the fog, could be even a little more density, but for the rest the ge_gradle version we got ingame is far better.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 01:36:03 pm »

It looks the exact same to me as the current Cradle but with fog and it's full of developer and HL2 textures, its proportions are off, and it doesn't have the super camper-friendly pits on the top catwalks, quite possibly its only plus. I'm not sure why you'd want an ugly early version of a map.

As you said, the pits are not there (which I think are essential, because 1.) everyone would keep being sniped by the guys on the towers and 2.) for the additional spawn locations) and if you look closely you'll see you would have to go through the rooms, there are no rails on their sides.
Another thing which I cannot tell from the screenshot is the architecture of the lower part, but as it seems this was more of a DIRECT recreation, meaning the - multiplayer-wise useful - different levels that were added in the GE: S maps wouldn't be there. You might also want to try the cradle map from http://www.fileplanet.com/51602/50000/fileinfo/Goldeneye-Beta-1.9-Full to see what these differences would do to a multiplayer match.

And yes, the fog is nice.

• Secret Agent
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 01:50:34 pm »

So is there a way to download this map ? Anywhere ?

WNxCJL9788

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNxCJL9788 has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 12:58:50 pm »

Quote from: [GE:S Com
DF Ank1]So is there a way to download this map ? Anywhere ?
\/
Quote from: Viashino Cutthroat
This is an alpha-era teaser.  Obviously, it was never completed.

Even if you did have the final map, it was designed for Alpha, not the current Beta3 version.

• Secret Agent
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 01:19:31 pm »

Damn. Really wan´t play this map. But there is badly no way.... well....

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 11:49:01 pm »

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 02:32:32 am »

Bloodix, if I do recall wanted to help with the website too, but whatever happened with that? ::)

Oh and P.S.
http://web.archive.org/web/20060104070237/forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php?showtopic=977

Well damn that's old haha. Represent!

Bloodix

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bloodix has no influence.
    • Greg The Gamer
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 03:49:13 am »

HA! its my old map, I sure do miss that Cradle. The only down side to the map, is that it lagged a bit due to the hugeness of it. Though looking at those screenshots sure does make me miss mapping.

And if you guys need website help, I'm willing to offer my services.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:48:42 pm by Bloodix »
Part of the original level editor team during the Alpha era | 2005. I created the original Cradle map.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up