GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 19, 2024, 12:54:33 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Report: New GoldenEye coming in November, to be revealed at E3  (Read 21236 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:16:27 am by osaeed2k9 »

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Report: New GoldenEye coming in November, to be revealed at E3
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 07:43:22 pm »

- Re-imagining the Goldeneye story with Daniel Craig as Bond
- It's under Activision
- It's a "modern" remake

IMO all these things point to a crappy game in the works. What I love GES that no official "modern" remake would do is that we left the gameplay essentially untouched, leaving all the original nostalgia and awesome intact while adding new features that only improved the experience in an online environment on a modern engine. It's kind of like what Kraid said, I expect this to be an overhyped game like CoD, with none of the players even being old enough to know and appreciate what the original game was (it's on the Wii after all) and eat it all up assuming they're getting a great title because someone in marketing told them they were since it was based off a legendary game, and if that game was good, this one must be too!
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

rdcarden2006

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rdcarden2006 has no influence.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 08:45:58 pm »

That gold controller is a fake, at least according to one of the comments on the gonintendo website. He makes a pretty good point.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 02:52:34 pm »

Re-imagining the Goldeneye story with Daniel Craig as Bond
So you get to start with dual AR33s and mission objectives are to lose at texas poker, jump off of cranes without any Q junk like a watch-mounted grappling hook or parachute cufflinks to KEEP YOU FROM TURNING INTO A SPLATTY SPLATTER when you land, and the big finish is a quick-time event where you have to press A to taunt the fallen enemy with a can of oil?
Should i retire from GES when this comes out?
We all will probably be forcibly retired from GES a few months before launch.  <sarcasm>cough cough</sarcasm>
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 04:35:34 pm »

I just saw the gameplay trailer, it looks just awful. they should have either let Rare release their remake, or just not even bother touching it. 

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:19:31 pm »

This topic has been two separate threads for weeks. They should be merged...

Trailer located in the other thread for those who are curious.

they should have either let Rare release their remake, or just not even bother touching it. 

While Rare not having anything to do with it is a really dumbass move, it's better than nothing at all, and while I don't like saying that, I also don't like saying that if Rare isn't doing it now, I doubt they'd be doing it later, so this is what we've got. Give it a chance.

I'm actually kind of excited about this.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:23:36 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:26:28 pm »

This topic has been two separate threads for weeks. They should be merged...

Trailer located in the other thread for those who are curious.

While Rare not having anything to do with it is a really dumbass move, it's better than nothing at all, and while I don't like saying that, I also don't like saying that if Rare isn't doing it now, I doubt they'd be doing it later, so this is what we've got. Give it a chance.

I'm actually kind of excited about this.

I dont care if its Rare, or Activision making the game. There arent any good shooter games for the wii and this is where Goldeneye will fill the gap. I want to play with someone online and snipe there head off.

Like rodney said its better than nothing to be honest. Cant wait for it.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 10:32:55 am »

There are good shooter games on Wii.
The Conduit wasn't bad, there's a port of CoD:MW1, one of the Medal of Honor games was good i heared and there are some other games too like Red Steel 1&2 (i somehow liked the first one) and Quantum of Solace.
Also some ppl call Metroid Prime 1-3 shooter, too.

BTW: there are many good Rail Shooters.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 03:03:38 pm »

Graphics look horrendous. (Wii blows)
Ironsights?! Really?! And weapon melees for all guns?! This is stupid.

I feel sorry for everyone who is expecting anything from this game.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 03:52:28 pm »

Hah, it looks like a PS2 game.

And look at the maps, the Facility is obviously not even close to the original layout, probably since it was one of the things totally owned by Rare.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 07:24:49 pm »

damn that just shit. you can give it a change, but look at the level. there arent never close to a remake of the original ( man just look at the cradle i can vomit my eat when i see that. And craig as bond ? MAn i will walk into the secret silo vent and hide, or bettter behind the secret door in train. man that sucks i am interesting hoe the levels will be at least, on for it the other charakters, and the story. and i hope they have missions like bunker and silo. missions, who arent in the movie
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 06:23:40 am »

I don't see how this game will do anything but backfire.

The only way its making money is in the sense that newbie kids might go "oh my brother used to play this when i was 5 and he said it was the best game ever, i want to see how they updated it!"

There is no way hardcore fans of the original will flock to the remake. Just look at how little of the hardcore fanbase of goldeneye has come to GE:S. Really its only about 5% of people I talk to who used to play the orginal fanatically, that have heard about GE:S let alone play it and its been the most exposed Goldeneye mod making it onto PC gamer and stuff.

My point is, we recreate things VERY much canon as we can possibly do, whereas activision have really not even attempted to give it a goldeneye feel. There is no way oldschool fans regard their remake as anything. I wonder if boycotting has already started among non GE:S goldeneye aficionado's

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 08:24:10 am »

Urgh. I was really excited about this until I saw gameplay videos of it, and now I'd rather just avoid it - it'll be terrible, inevitably.
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 01:26:56 pm »

Urgh. I was really excited about this until I saw gameplay videos of it, and now I'd rather just avoid it - it'll be terrible, inevitably.

It's so saddening that this is the truth, i was pretty amped up about it when i heard, but i've seen the trailers.. and I'm almost heartbroken..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up