GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 08:36:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Nintendo Wii Discussions  (Read 64057 times)

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Polizei has no influence.
Re: Official Nintendo Wii Discussions
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2007, 09:01:42 pm »

"Gee, I've been playing Wii all day and burning .5 calories a minute... I sure do deserve a couple extra helpings of ham tonight!"

Synyster

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2007, 05:27:14 pm »

I don't wanna make the critics out there sound correct when they say "Ooh it's fun for the first 5 minutes"..I have had my Wii for a while , don't get me wrong its fun..but at the moment apart from Wii Sports and Mario Strikers: Charged I haven't really find much I can keep playing on the console...I have a younger brother and I often play on it with him, so I can imagine it would be ever more difficult to get the most out of the console if you are an only child, or living on your own.

Having said that I can't wait for Super Smash Bros. Brawl to come out, I know for sure that it will have loads of playability and last for ages, heck still play SSB: Melee now and again even now.

X23

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2007, 06:33:41 pm »

I haven't played my Wii for months. There are barely any games coming out with replay value and depth. Their whole god damn e3 thing was about the wii fit, and random people playing with the wii controller. I fear the direction Nintendo is going. Atleast they have Mario and Metroid games coming out. I fear these great franchises may eventually start being downsized in favour of bland casual mini games.

They may use the extra money from the pretty weak console, and the popular mini games to make good games. I've read somewhere that the wii is more powerful than it seems though. I'm having doubts about Nintendo, and I've played and liked them ever since I was 3. They've made some of the best games, and I don't want to see their talent go to waste for the money of casual games.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:35:36 pm by X23 »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2007, 05:37:36 pm »

Just take a look on this Treat...

http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php/topic,944.msg11434.html#new

You're lucky, Metroid Prime 3 is out in America, I have to wait until 26th of October.

I would really like to get Resident Evil 4 (Biohazard 4) for Wii, but there is only the German Version (cut) available.
So I'm looking for the Austrian Version which is Uncut but not bavailable ATM.

It's more worse than ever. Now they cut nearly every Game rated 18 (which means rated 15 in UK).  :-[

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2007, 01:57:56 pm »

Just take a look on this Treat...

http://forums.goldeneyesource.com/index.php/topic,944.msg11434.html#new

You're lucky, Metroid Prime 3 is out in America, I have to wait until 26th of October.

I would really like to get Resident Evil 4 (Biohazard 4) for Wii, but there is only the German Version (cut) available.
So I'm looking for the Austrian Version which is Uncut but not bavailable ATM.

It's more worse than ever. Now they cut nearly every Game rated 18 (which means rated 15 in UK).  :-[
That sucks. Germany is horrible with censorship, plus Nintendo loves to screw over Europe.

I find it ironic when they censor our nazi flags in games, because the censorship really reminds me of authoritarian government more than a nazi flag does.

Deed

• Agent
  • Deed has no influence.
    • HAHAHAHA; FACEBOOK!
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2009, 01:56:32 pm »

Mega-bump, I hope you're not as annoyed about it as some other board is.

So how about them Gamecube reduxes? The Primes are coming out this year and I honestly wouldn't mind trading in the old Gamecube games for these, if there's a significant difference.

Of course I lose the whole "vintage games" thing, but the remakes are apparently "budget-priced," so trading in would hopefully mean I spend fifteen quid on them or something.

Oh yeah, and I have been finding many ways of squeezing playtime out of the old block.  For example, I got No More Heroes for Christmas, which I'm not completely done with.  I also had fun messing around on Super Metroid, and with a dead laptop I have to use my Wii's browser upstairs.

Either way, Mad World looks like an interesting game, so hopefully that won't be a letdown, and would show us once more what the Wii's really about.  Oh and there's No More Heroes 2.  Hopefully the Wii'll be soon out of its drought cycle.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 01:59:16 pm by Deed »

I once jerked off on facility with the m4 in my hand...

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 08:08:15 am »

i didnt even have to buy one to know i didnt like it. but the recent hacks might persuade me..

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2009, 10:34:36 am »

I'll get Metroid Prime 1&2 for sure. I got them for Gamecube and played them a lot, but i won't mind to get them again coz the control style of MP3 was so good.
This year there'll be a lot more games for us gamers on Wii.
e.g. The Conduit, MadWorld, Prime 1 & 2, Dead Space Extraction, Overlord... .
Now that the Companies see the huge ammount of Wii consoles sold, they start to make games for it.
So i guess there'll be a lot more in the future, beside the casual crap.

The latest game i got is Deadly Creatures. It's kinda different and unique.
You're playing as a Spider and a Scorpion and have to fight your way through the desert.
I like the way of storytelling they made. You crawl your way through some tunnels and find yourself in an old grave or a abadoned car.
Sometimes you can watch humans walking arround in the desert and search for something.
As you get further in the game you'll find out what they were looking for and see.... ok nuff said, don't wanna spoil to much.
The graphics are good and especally the art style and the animations of the insects are fantastic.

This is exactly what i like on Wii, unique games never seen before.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2009, 12:50:01 am »

Freaking PUNCHOUT IS COMING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the wiii

http://kotaku.com/5058407/punch+out-wii-trailer-screens

Jeezes I am so excited.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2009, 01:11:01 am »

I think I'll pass. I saw it a while ago, and I'd rather go for MadWorld.

eamonn

• Secret Agent
  • eamonn has no influence.
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2009, 11:10:11 pm »

Steam is down. :/ Looks like I may turn my Wii on...

Milton Malt

• An Ice Cream Fanatic
  • Agent
  • Milton Malt has no influence.
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2009, 06:19:06 pm »

Yeah, I don't want to know which way Nintendo is going (I haven't played most of the games on my Wii for months, even Mario Kart, which is my most-played game on it).

One such thing that expresses my concerns is this.

Also, keep a weather eye out for something finally new and probably coming out next... I want to say Spring- Metroid: Other M.
"If you think education is expensive, don't think ignorance is cheap. It's free."
      -From a sign I read in a ribshack near UC Berkeley.

Kratos

• Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2010, 06:19:18 am »

Donkey Country Returns looks amazing. I really miss Rare, because if they still were the same company which they were 15 years ago, they would made this under their own name, same with Goldeneye Wii.

But Retro is great and I thank them for bringing out Donkey Kong.

I will try this out after I get back from school.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2010, 09:48:55 pm »

What's that smell?

Reply #71 on: June 19, 2009
Reply #72 on: Today

Time to change the baking soda in this thread.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Kratos

« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2010, 09:52:05 pm »

What's that smell?

Reply #71 on: June 19, 2009
Reply #72 on: Today

Time to change the baking soda in this thread.

rofl oh wait forgot this thread is 1 year old.. oh man fuck!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up