GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:07:15 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Nintendo Wii Discussions  (Read 64038 times)

DaDude

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • DaDude has no influence.
    • Youtube Account
Re: Official Nintendo Wii Discussions
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:15:13 am »

I waited 12 hours, got it at 7 AM (yep, not ONE single store in Ottawa had a midnight release). I've been tired the entire week, but it rocks. I've mainly played it with friends though.

Vin007

• Agent
  • Vin007 is looked down upon.
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 11:19:13 am »

Xbox 360... nice. Oh wait, Micro$oft.

Playstation 3... oh wait, Sony. That company that installed rootkits on my pc making my entire pc useless in the end.

Wii... Nintendo yay! Oh wait, DRM.

Looks like I won't be buying any console.

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 08:48:12 pm »

Nintendo has DRM?

Vin007

• Agent
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 10:33:10 pm »

Nintendo has DRM?

It's everywhere these days... iPod, Windows service pack 2 and above, Playstation 2, Xbox1, MTV Overdrive... You name it. It's a curse! I thought I was doing OK when a website told me I didn't have a DRM capable OS untill I found it it's also in my Playstation 2. :'(

DeJaVood0o

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 09:29:32 pm »

Wii DRM = You can't play/transfer downloaded retro games on a Wii other than the one with which it was purchased. Not a big deal. Also, I bet that around the same time USB device supprt gets added to the firmware, transfering downloaded games over SD card will be also.

ConfusedWisdom

• Secret Agent
  • ConfusedWisdom has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 10:09:53 pm »

What NOT to do with your Wii (according to translated directions)

http://youtouchmywiiwii.ytmnd.com/

Vin007

• Agent
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 10:10:02 pm »

Wii DRM = You can't play/transfer downloaded retro games on a Wii other than the one with which it was purchased. Not a big deal. Also, I bet that around the same time USB device supprt gets added to the firmware, transfering downloaded games over SD card will be also.

And then Nintendo released a update and all the purchased DRM games got unplayable and everything was lost. Starting to feel why DRM stands for Digital Restriction Management? Google for it if you must.

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Polizei has no influence.
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006, 01:49:36 am »

Except anyone who uses DRM services such as URGE should realize that they're buying licenses (or rights) to download/listen to music, not the actual music with protection (which would be restrictions). It's a trade off. $10 bucks a month flat rate for access,  you know, like a membership card to a library. Sure, when you stop paying for a subscription, the goods run dry, but you got your jimmies when you were paying, didn't you?

I am not 'misinformed' by Microsoft. I was never informed by microsoft to begin with. I found out myself what DRM was from anti DRM sources and was able to cut through the bullshit which a rag tag team of music pirates had to offer.

Do you know what is happening to the music industry? Record labels are signing artists now based on whether or not their songs will sell as fucking ringtones, not albums. The industry is dying financially, and it's dragging popular culture down with it. DRM subscription services is a way to save it. The industry has to evolve some time, or it's fucked. I for one am completly content with DRM when it's handled by companies who know how my operating system works.

And even if you are having trouble with compatability, there are perfectly legal ways to get around it.

And I don't think you're going to have a problem with Wii virtual console DRM. If I had to complain about the virtual console, I would complain that they're charging too much for every title, when they should go by a system based subscription service (6 bucks a month to play the entire collection of NES games, 10 bucks a month to play the entire collection of SNES games, 15 to play the lot of N64 games.. prices varying depending on what they determine to be the most economic combination) Of course, a system based service would only work when the systems have a more fleshed out collection of games to choose from, but you get the idea.

And then Nintendo released a update and all the purchased DRM games got unplayable and everything was lost.

I can't seem to find this information anywhere, cite please.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 01:57:27 am by Polizei »

Locker[Of]Wecs

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2006, 01:37:06 am »

Who really cares anyway? If your friend who has a wii couldn't afford the five bucks to play the old nes game you guys used to play then fuck him, he should go to your house where you've bought it.
Or the 'right to use it' anyway.

The Wii is awesome, I hate most of the games though. Any noise the Wii-mote makes is bound to be annoying. Especially in TLOZ.

I still only bought mine (two days after release) for $120. :)

Then I found a 1 gig SD card for only $13.99 last week.

The only thing I'm missing is a second Wii-mote and Nun-chuk.

And the internet connection, I want to play retro games already!

I was shocked to find out that the PS3 released just two days before the Wii, I'm certain it hurt the Wii's sales. but those people who really wanted Wii's probably got them or are waiting for them. Wii-motes are virtually impossible to find now.

I've rented just about all the games for the Wii (the ones worth mentioning anyway). I only really like Downhill Jam, and I disagree with many things about it. Sure the other games are fun, but I am just not really that interested in playing them for a long time.

I haven't been able to locate Red Steel and I haven't rented Rayman yet.
Excite Truck was fun, TLOZ was alright, I was a little confused but I wasn't that interested in playing. I still play Wii Sports more than any other game. Don't buy the retro controller, if you have a Gamecube controller.
I found some other great gamecube games for really cheap too 10 dollars a pop for paper mario and lego star wars.

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 06:23:36 am »

And then Nintendo released a update and all the purchased DRM games got unplayable and everything was lost.
I can't seem to find this information anywhere, cite please.
You're talking to Vin, he doesn't get sources for his information just spews whatever comes to his head first.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2006, 08:02:08 pm »

Do you know what is happening to the music industry? Record labels are signing artists now based on whether or not their songs will sell as fucking ringtones, not albums. The industry has to evolve some time, or it's fucked.

Yeah but like the man said (some generic punk rocker... i forget), musicians make their money touring! So its only the rich fat cats and misc staff of the struggling companies that feel the pinch, and obviously any record label attached to a big company like sony arent going to see a death anytime soon.

But yes from business perspectives, i wonder where the future of music lay...

ConfusedWisdom

• Secret Agent
  • ConfusedWisdom has no influence.
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2006, 05:53:39 pm »

Do you know what is happening to the music industry? Record labels are signing artists now based on whether or not their songs will sell as fucking ringtones, not albums. The industry has to evolve some time, or it's fucked.

Yeah but like the man said (some generic punk rocker... i forget), musicians make their money touring! So its only the rich fat cats and misc staff of the struggling companies that feel the pinch, and obviously any record label attached to a big company like sony arent going to see a death anytime soon.

But yes from business perspectives, i wonder where the future of music lay...
Yeah, that's what I heard, too.  One of the social studies teachers at my school is the former drummer of Snapcase (not kidding).  He said that the company takes a large percentage off of the record and song sales, and I also believe he said that most of the band's profit was made off of the merchendise sales.

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Polizei has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2006, 09:38:02 pm »

Yeah, but the amount of money a band makes has nothing to do with which artists a record label signs. If the label is taking all of the profits from record and song sales, and piracy only hurts those sales, the label has two options:

1. Sign artists based on ringtone sales (bad idea for culture)
2. Take more money from tours and merchandise to maintain profits (bad idea for the artists)

Things are looking bad for Indiana Jones.

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2006, 04:22:22 pm »

I just got wii! Its sitting here in its box with Zelda, and an extra controller!

.sh4k3n

• 00 Agent
  • .sh4k3n is looked down upon.
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2006, 02:08:35 am »

I just got wii! Its sitting here in its box with Zelda, and an extra controller!

Don't move, I'm coming over with beer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up