GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 08:05:04 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

If you have a PS3, What made you buy it?

Games
- 3 (17.6%)
Controller
- 0 (0%)
Free Online
- 1 (5.9%)
Blu-Ray
- 4 (23.5%)
All of the above
- 9 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Playstation 3 Discussions  (Read 47032 times)

MetalLizard

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MetalLizard has no influence.
    • Janus-Syndicate
Official Playstation 3 Discussions
« on: November 17, 2006, 07:10:09 am »

Did any of you try to camp for the PS3, or the Nintendo Wii (Later on) yet? I lostabout 20 bucks from gas money, and 20 bucks from ps3stocktracker.com. Not to mention around 9 hours of time I could have been working. I guess I under-estimated my chances of getting a PS3. We head out at 7:00 AM EST. Here is what happened at each store:

(At Target) From what I could tell... The manager at my local Target got a group of his friends together to camp for the PS3, thus limiting the chance of others getting one to an absolute zero. Very fucking lame, and in my opinion illegal.

(At Circuit city) There was a  group of family members that all knew each other but denied it. There was 10 units available, and 11 family members and friends. I asked the manager at CC why they allowed more than (1) unit per household, and he said, "There is no way to prove it" Absolute crap... left after 20 minutes.

The worst part of the story: (CompUSA) A group of FOUR redneck friends snugged in a corner with a foul mouthed preteen (they were not even in a line!) Some asshole's son said, "We have 9 of us total, and 5 of us are in the store. Too late bitches!" My brother went in and asked the manager how many units they were getting in, and he said, "Exactly 9"... My bro also asked what their policy was about line formations, etc.
The manager replied, "First come, first serve basis." I decided to camp there while my bro went to look for more locations. The jerk's son kept shouting shit at me for an entire half-hour! I asked him to tell his son to please stop on too many occasions, and he said, "fuck off, you've already lost!" I took the chance, and went to talk to the manager about their misconduct, and was told to call the cops in a laughing manner... I went back, and you have probably guessed... The rest of their clan shows up in a van. There was no chance of me getting a PS3 from this place. I was overly pissed off.

What could I do? I wanted to camp out there, but I knew I had little to no chance of getting a PS3 to resell. They had lawn chairs setup for friends to arrive. They were not in a line, and the manager did not give a rat's ass. We checked out several other retailers and by that time it was already too late. I don't want to give the details of the other stores, but they were ALMOST as equally bad.

I was almost able to get 2 units off the web, but found out it was a huge scam before even entering my information.. Do not use ps3stocktracker.com

(Long story short most of the campers were large groups of friends and family members reserving spots for their friends. Leaving no chance for others to get a PS3. Making another pretty craptastic day for MetalLizard) All I wanted to do was get just one to resell on eBay to go towards my college fund, or a new car. Guess I'll have to stick to painting for a few more weeks. =(

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:48:43 am by Baron »
This is America. A land founded by slave owners obsessed with liberty.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Official Playstation 3 Discussions
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 07:17:55 am »

lol, no.  Sony is a steamer and I minimise the amount of money that I put in their pot.  And good for you, -$40 outright and -$90ish potential is good reward for encouraging the practice of artificial scarcity to increase buzz around a glorified etch-a-sketch.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:59:00 pm by Baron »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

WNxPrendatram

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WNxPrendatram has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 07:42:02 am »

lol, no.  Sony is a steamer and I minimise the amount of money that I put in their pot.  And good for you, -$40 outright and -$90ish potential is good reward for encouraging the practice of artificial scarcity to increase buzz around a glorified etch-a-sketch.
Ouch!

I'm getting the wii, altho I'm pre-ordering mine the minute it becomes available from amazon :P it's out on the 8th in England but pre-orders start on Tuesday
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:59:11 pm by Baron »
Warrior Nation Goldeneye Source Section Major.
Check us out at:

If you want to join let us know

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 10:30:45 am »

haha @ ViaC

I personally would never camp, camping denotes that im EAGER to blow 700 bucks on something i 'might' enjoy. I'd be more safe with a 200 buck hooker.

I also noticed in your post ML you mentioned that rednecks were present, i thought id never see the day when they stopped buying real guns to buy fake ones just coz they are less expensive, what happened to good ole days of whoring your no-toothed wife?  ::)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:59:23 pm by Baron »

Armoured-Fury

• 00 Agent
  • Armoured-Fury has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 10:49:07 am »

The only time i've ever camped was outside a games store that was opening up at midnight to early release Halo 2 lol.

I'm so glad i'm not a camper.. I believe i'll get it eventually but camping for a console is something i wouldn't do but i guess your reasons are feasable  ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:59:43 pm by Baron »

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 11:35:43 am »

Ouch. That sucks man. I hope you find one, but the chances of that now are pretty much zero. I've heard reports of some stores still having like 20 PS3's in stock, and nobody coming to get them, mostly smaller towns (not really sure why they would get so many), but yeah.

I would just wait a few weeks, or months before really attempting to get one, cause otherwise your just going to run into ebay'ers right now, who just want to buy 3-4 (or more) so they can sell them on ebay for $1,200+.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 11:59:57 pm by Baron »
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Polizei

• 00 Agent
  • Polizei has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 04:51:52 pm »

Hey, good luck with the funding, you can always take a few years off from school, wait in line for a ps4 (set up your spot now and you might just get to cuss them out next time around!), and then use it to pay your tuition/home/solid gold rocketship.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:00:21 am by Baron »

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 05:40:42 pm »

I'm getting it, but when its commonly available. By than there will be more games anyway.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:00:52 am by Baron »

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 11:55:38 pm »

i may get a ps3, but i really doubt it - i mean i have a ps2 that's just doing nothing, i'm gonna sell that soon.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:01:08 am by Baron »
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

nowhere

• 00 Agent
  • nowhere has no influence.
    • Janus Syndicate
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 12:18:34 am »

You really need to watch this video MetalLizard.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 12:39:22 am »

Thats low man, but the video is funny!
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

MetalLizard

• Secret Agent
  • MetalLizard has no influence.
    • Janus-Syndicate
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 02:41:37 am »

http://www.smashourstuff.com/forum/memberlist.php

I know the people who made this video personally. Look at #3 on their member list. Joined 08 Oct 2005, and I am the one who posted the smash my Ipod link in the old GE:S forums. They are a great bunch of guys, but I'll have to admit a little bit weak with the sledge. I can't wait for their Nintendo Wii video.
This is America. A land founded by slave owners obsessed with liberty.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 02:50:17 am »

PS3 smash is well worth it.   it is a POS and a waste of cash.   I am more than happy to see 400,000 - 1 units in NA.   Smashing a Wii is pointless because supply is huge!
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Snaker8

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2006, 03:35:52 am »

PS3 is too expensive for my tastes, because, as I said earlier, I am a cheapskate.  Looks really good though, but I'd rather get the Wii.

X23

• Secret Agent
  • X23 has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2006, 03:45:40 am »

I might get it eventually if it has a bunch of good nonmultiplatform games. I don't want to pay 599 US DOLLARS.

But I'm not that happy its in short supply, I wasn't going to get one right away, or maybe even for a long time, but there are people who do want it that shouldn't have to camp out.

Besides giant enemy crab (MORE LIKE GIANT ENEMY PS3 M I RITE??? LOLOLOL) will attack your weak point for MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!

RIIIIiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 03:48:11 am by X23 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up