GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:02:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_basement_ssl  (Read 25351 times)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
Re: ge_basement_ssl
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2009, 10:08:41 pm »

Needs more tacos.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2009, 05:11:41 am »

I hate the yellow pillars. Whats the reason they are there for? Are there cars\vehicles driving around down here that I cant seem to picture in my mind. Or is there just something special behind those walls that needs protecting? ;)

Other then that, great work ;)
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2009, 05:32:00 am »

Yeah, that's because I have a few Garage style doors around the map, seeing as they wouldn't be able to carry those big heavy wooden crates and books down to the main storage area through the narrow stairs coming up from the Stack.

And yeah, been working on optimization. Settled all the physics props to save server processing, as well as used the hint/skip stuff to get a consistent average of ~100 FPS in all the rooms, including the main hallway, which always crapped out to 40FPS in the Beta 1.x version of the map.

As for the caves area, it's pretty much the same area as it was in the old version of the map, except for tweaks in the lighting so that it isn't eye-rapeingly bright in HDR mode. Any ideas for what to do with this area appearance-wise?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:35:11 am by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 02:17:12 pm »

info_lighting that black pipe model lol (looks great)

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 08:00:43 pm »

really good job on all the lighting so far SSL. It is nice to see that each screen shot of each room has a slightly different touch to it. Like Sharpshootah has said many times, it makes the level look and feel so much better. :) Congrats bud :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 08:46:53 pm »

Beta testing.

(major's angle)

The map feels pretty much good and done at this point, with generally positive comments from last night's players, as well as the few bugs that were found now fixed.

I'm just doing some visual tweaks on the Stack areas visible from Basement right now, but I might push ahead and finish Stack within a few months just to get it done while I'm still in a "mapping" mood (I get month long mapping burnouts every time I work hard on a map daily for 2 months straight).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:23:14 am by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 09:27:53 pm »

Dude the flow of your map is excellent and the rooms are well varied. I am 100% in love with it (especially the Dwayne calendar)

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2009, 06:17:01 am »

Nice, I see me :) Ha, that was so much fun chillin in front of the calendar :D Seriously though SSL, your map kicks ass. I don't really have anyway to say it better. And the fact that it is one massive playerclip so we don't glitch into the walls is AMAZING and just adds to the experience. I love all the custom textures and layouts. You rock man. Considering that basement is probably one of my favorites (if not favorite) maps in GES, this ranked even greater. Excellent work buddy. :)

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 01:55:31 pm »

I can genuinely say that I now like the library.
(Didn't dislike it, but it was my least favorite.)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 03:12:04 pm »

Looking good. My main complaint is the overuse of the yellow concrete poles. They look ugly when used in large numbers, and with the tight corridors they can get in the way sometimes.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2009, 01:17:01 am »

Looking good. My main complaint is the overuse of the yellow concrete poles. They look ugly when used in large numbers, and with the tight corridors they can get in the way sometimes.

Maybe we can make a new pillar for him to add some variety

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 05:27:55 am »

ha. I actually have one, but it's not committed atm. I did it a couple days ago to replace the short stacked ones in backzone (in the receiving area where it would connect to Runway). It's taller and slightly thinner, and since it doesn't have the base plate I can give it some rotation to make it look like it wasn't set perfectly. I might just end up replacing all the ones in ge_control with this version

Oh snap, was I just talking about backzone? Errr, NO ONE SAW NOTHING.
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 10:17:14 am »

questions: when does the new basement map come out ? will it be included in the beta 4 -package ?

by the way, it looks awesome

cy
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2009, 02:40:10 pm »

Oh snap, was I just talking about backzone? Errr, NO ONE SAW NOTHING.

Oh no we didn't see anything sir. We certainly did not.

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 04:41:00 pm »

Wow, this map is looking beautiful for being custom made. Great job.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up