GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 18, 2024, 11:56:01 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LTK, MWGG... Various issues...  (Read 23074 times)

The Beatles pwn j00!

LTK, MWGG... Various issues...
« on: February 09, 2009, 01:58:03 am »

LTK is suppose to be one shot kills, yes? Then why is it that a very large percentage of the time it takes more than one shot? I shot some one with the AK 4 times. 4 times! That is, 4 or so blood sprays spewed forth from him. What is this all about? Is there a lot of false hits being detected? Is the code and engine really that awful? Same thing happens with the golden gun. Once I shot some one in the f'n face with it, no death.

This seemingly happens all the time. And no one was lagging real bad. Is there a invulnerable period after you spawn? And if that's the case, it shouldn't be that long (since i shot that guy more than 5 seconds after he spawned), and blood shouldn't spew forth.

This is very annoying to say the least. :'(

Also (yes, I've already said these before... I won't make any other posts about them, ok?):

1. YOLT bug.
2. Floating hats.
3. Extremely stupid server owners who think it's a good idea to have 25 people on Complex (and other small maps... telefragging up my asshole).
4. Bullet trails being shot out of peoples genitals when spectating.
5. Models heads looking in random directions during a fire fight. Looks ridiculous.
6. Being snagged and stuttered like no other while walking up against walls, ramps, and pretty much every single thing.

Yes... BETA... I understand.

But other than those things, decent game so far. My hope has been restored for this mod. It does indeed feel somewhat like GoldenEye.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 12:15:15 pm by The Beatles pwn j00! »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Re: Question about LTK... and various issues...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 02:07:11 am »

These should be reported in the bug board and you would of found out most of them have all ready been reported.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:12:01 am »

Well not all of these are really bugs. This is what I call feedback. Either, Or. Whatever, delete this then. As long as you guys know about these things.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 02:14:41 am »

I dont get any hit detection issues in beta 3, all these reports about 4-5 shots on LTK are actually news to me. It never happened in testing.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 02:26:15 am »

Well, it's usually 2 or 3 shots. But it happens ALL THE TIME. Well, enough of the time to make a very big deal about it. I just left a game where I shot some one in the chest after they had opened a door, standing like a meter away, showing a blood spray, but he didn't die.

He shot me and I died. I rage quit.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:30:43 am by The Beatles pwn j00! »

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 02:33:45 am »

Whats your ping?
Did he just spawn (got 3 secs of invun when you spawn)?

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 02:51:26 am »

My ping was around 50 - 60.

Maybe he did just spawn, but I don't know. He just opened a door and I shot him.

But that AK thing I was talking about... that guy didn't just spawn. I watched him for at LEAST 5 or so seconds before I came up behind him. But I'm not 100% absolutely positive on that.

Can't you guys make people with spawn invulnerability glow or something?

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 02:55:05 am »

We are looking into it, just have alot of things to do. :P

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 03:03:43 am »

Alrighty.

Another little thing... in MWGG... maybe make the GG kill/drop/pickup messages seem like a bigger deal? Maybe a little GG icon above the MWGG? I don't know.

All I know is that I've seen a few nubs kill the MWGG and stupidly not pick it up. Like it wasn't the objective of the mode. There's really no reason to NOT pick it up, beside no body armor. But who cares about body armor when you have the f'n GG!?!

Some of these people playing the mod apparently have NEVER played the original GoldenEye. And that really pisses me off for some reason, lol.

"This game is so unbalanced. Why is everything one shot kills!? Might as well use the pistols all the time.".... (LTK) ::) ::) ::)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:13:25 am by The Beatles pwn j00! »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 03:15:27 am »

Cant help that, time will weed out or EDUCATE them, depending on their tolerance to learning.

Just kindly say "that is this game mode, its called license to kill, and each bullet that registers is a kill"

MUST point out registers because spawn invuln still exists in ltk
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:19:01 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 04:07:33 am »

The LTK issue your talking about i have only seen when theres really bad lag, either you, or your opponent. if that happens its a client side error that says you shot hte guy, but the server says otherwise, and the server is always right. that's my understanding of how that happens.

the time this can happen is with the spawn invul theres only a 2 second window for it (or the player fires once then no more spawn protection), i think we are going to switch the window to 1 second on LTK servers.

its really REALLY rare for me to see a time when i shoot someone with either LTK or the GG and they don't go down instantly maybe 1 out of 70 hits on people. and if it does, one of us has always been lagging.

1. known issue
2. known issue
3. yea it sucks when they do that, could you bug all the server admins you play at to split their servers into 2 or 4 games haha.
4. known issue kinda gross to haha
5. known issue yea we can nail this a bit better when we get better animations.
6. yea we need some better player clipping on some levels

thanks for the response dude. we will nail pretty much all of it for our next patch or release
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 04:27:35 am »

Hit detection is no longer a problem in Beta 3. What is a problem is people running 16 man servers on a connection / box that can only handle 10 or less! This results in the server doling out 20-30 updates per second to each client, to put that into perspective... the normal server update rate is around 100 updates per second

Independent lab testing confirms that higher powered servers are a dream to play on.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 05:09:35 am »

I do agree that blood should not splatter if hits are not being registered, whether thats during invul time, or spawn invul time.

Also about the GG issue in MWGG, I also agree. Possibly a arrow pointing down at the GG would work.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 05:24:55 am »

I really don't know what the problem is with the big GG icon on the radar? If you are near it, the GG is near you go grab it! (of course it could be up/down that's part of the game)

As far as blood on "hits".... the way source is coded does not allow me to effectively filter out the blood spray of unregistered hits. If the client "guesses" that you hit them when in reality it doesn't count on the server then oh well... that's the nature of online gaming, its just very amplified in LTK and GG modes.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 05:48:43 am »

Cant help that, time will weed out or EDUCATE them, depending on their tolerance to learning.

Just kindly say "that is this game mode, its called license to kill, and each bullet that registers is a kill"

MUST point out registers because spawn invuln still exists in ltk

Everyone I've educated has been tolerant so far.

"why does one shot kill?" / "is this one hit kills?" / "does one hit kill always?" / "why do i die so fast!?!"

Me: (mic) "This is an LTK server; License to Kill, meaning one-hit kills."

"o ok"

"this gun sucks!!"

Me: ...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 05:52:47 am by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up